Beta V2023.12.4 Available

yWriter App Support

Feb 13, 2023, 11:10:08 PM2/13/23
to yWriter App Beta
Hi Beta Testers,

A new update for yWriter Android Beta (V2023.12.4) is available on the play store.

Change Notes:
  • Keyboard should no longer obscure the editor while writing.
  • New feature - Strikethrough and alignment support in the scene editor.
  • New feature - tap to edit Character bios/etc from with the character list in Scene Details
  • Fix bug where HTML and LaTeX tags placed by the user were removed when editing a scene.
  • Fix bug where entire scene could become bold.
  • Fix bug where editor jumps around on Samsung phones using Samsung Keyboard.
Please let me know if you find any issues. Testing the new items in the Change Notes would be particularly helpful.

Now that these issues are fixed, the rich text editor should be 'stable', so I'll make this release public after a few days of being in beta if there's no critical issues reported. That would make this the first public version with a rich text editor (hooray).

Please let me know if you find the rich text editor laggy, along with your device model & Android version. I haven't been able to reproduce that issue, but recent changes may have improved things.

Note: To get this update, go to the yWriter play store page on your Android, ensure you are opted-in to the beta, and then tap 'Update' (if auto-updates are off). The current yWriter version can be checked in 'About / Help' within the app.

Regards,
Liz
yWriter App Support

yWriter App Support

Feb 14, 2023, 5:30:44 PM2/14/23
to yWriter App Beta
It looks like there's still a number of issues in the rich text editor this release. I'll work on updating another Beta version soon.

Christian Bieck

Feb 15, 2023, 5:08:27 AM2/15/23
to yWriter App Beta
Hi Liz,
for some reason I can't install the new version from Play Store. I am registered as a Betatester, and see that V2023.12.4 is available, however I only get an Uninstall and an Open button.
I tried uninstalling V2023.10.2.65, but then the Store wants me to pay to reinstall... ;-)
My Play Store country is France.
Thanks
Christian

yWriter App Support

Feb 15, 2023, 5:11:58 AM2/15/23
to yWriter App Beta
Hi Christian,

Please check your email for the promo code I sent you on 11 Feb to redeem for a free version of the app - you will need to redeem that before you can download the app directly from the play store.

Regards,
Liz
yWriter App Support