ywriter beta crashing

jeff mclennan

Mar 16, 2023, 6:55:39 PM3/16/23
to yWriter App Beta
I have version 2023.22.0 and am attempting to use on an RCA Galileo Pro tablet with android 6. I believe that I found somewhere that android 6 is the oldest version supported but can not find that info again. This is an old tablet with only 1 gb of ram. The app attempts to open and then get a message that it stopped. I have restarted the device. Factory reset it. Cleared cache and data. Uninstalled and reinstalled it. I even found a sight that suggested checking the apps permissions and allowing them all. Oddly enough the permissions page showed contacts but was not selected. No idea why this app would need that permission and it did not ask for it. Allowing it had no effect. My question is if others have the same issue with similar specs, and if that same device had any issues with the paid version as I understand that the BETA version may have changes that make it unstable. I am disabled so limited income. I plan to buy the paid version and register my pc version if I am able to publish anything. Pretty far from that right now. Thank you for allowing the software for pc for free, and for all of the work that you have done on it. I have compared it to other app such as scrivener and found this software very comparable and superior in some ways. Also one issue that I think developer may look at is the examples at the beginning of opening app for first time. The OK button does not show on the screen when in desktop mode. Without scrolling did not understand why I could not select open a project. It does appear when in portrait mode.

yWriter Mobile App Support

Mar 17, 2023, 9:59:04 PM3/17/23
to yWriter App Beta
Hi Jeffrey,
I've sent you an email regarding this issue.
To any others wondering - Android 6 should be supported, and I'm looking into this issue.
Liz
yWriter App Support