New code/design totally broke my simple case

Amir Simantov

Apr 22, 2020, 12:14:10 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Hi guys. Sorry, but... When pasting my text that always workd, the spin loads forever... I thought that maybe it is a browser problem, but it seems not to be so, as it does not work either in Firefox not in Google Chrome. Thanks for your efforts - I LOVE this tool for more than a decade now.

Here is my case:

[Country]
[City]
[City]->[Country]
[Religion]
[Organization]
[Organization]->[Religion]
[Person]
[Person]->Born/Died in[City]
[Person]->[Religion]
[Institution]
[Institution]->Continues[Institution]
[Institution]->Located in[City]
[Institution]->Affiliated with[Organization]
[Institution]->[Specialty]
[Source]
[Person]->[Source]
[Source]->Written by[Person]
[Source]->Published by[Organization]
[Source]->Published by[Institution]
[Source]->Published in[City]
[Archive]
[Source]->[Archive]
[Activity]
[Activity]->[Person]
[Activity]->[Source]
[Activity]->[Organization]
[Activity]->[Institution]
[Activity]->[City]
[Activity]->[Specialty]

Tobin Harris

Apr 22, 2020, 3:01:40 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Hi!

There's been a few complaints about this kind of break now and I've almost got it sorted. So sorry Amir!

It's the label on the association that's causing the issue.

NOT WORKING
[A]->Thing[B]

FIX
[A]-Thing>[B]

Let me know if that sorts it for you. I'll get a patch up as soon as I can.

Tobin Harris

Apr 22, 2020, 3:01:58 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Thanks for the kind words, BTW :)

Amir Simantov

Apr 22, 2020, 5:48:49 PM4/22/20
to yu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Tobin. I am not sure why you changed that but well... Thanks.

Tobin Harris

Apr 22, 2020, 5:52:26 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Hi Amir

I've just spent a few hours trying to fix it. The parser is struggling for some reason, probably user error. I'm sure I'll get there.

Thanks

Tobin
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to yu...@googlegroups.com.

Amir Simantov

Apr 22, 2020, 5:56:40 PM4/22/20
to yu...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your effort, I appreciate it... If nothing helps, than some notification may be added at the top that the syntax was changed..

תודה,
אמיר סימן טוב

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/yuml/a7486c52-87bb-4672-9039-f2cdd82d7830%40googlegroups.com.

Tobin Harris

Apr 22, 2020, 6:05:00 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Thanks, where do you think the best place for the notification is? I've got a few on there but perhaps they're not obvious enough?

Tobin Harris

Apr 22, 2020, 6:40:47 PM4/22/20
to yuml
Ok, I've fixed it on my dev machine and will do some more tests tomorrow.

Test are passing, which is promising and your diagram renders well.

Will post an update once that's live.

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 23.40.00.png

Tobin Harris

Apr 23, 2020, 9:44:21 AM4/23/20
to yuml
Amir, just so you know your diagram now works on live ok using your original syntax.

Amir Simantov

Apr 25, 2020, 12:05:58 PM4/25/20
to yu...@googlegroups.com
Yes, works now. Great! Thanks again.