A few ideas for story concepts

Shin

Nov 4, 2019, 11:42:46 PM11/4/19
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
 First off, I find abuse stories rather dull as they dont seem to delve as far into "how would humans really treat a shithead" or the idea of is this behavior something the person  keeps a secret or is open about to other people?

Lets be honest here, if a talking animal came up to you or hell a child came up to you and start shit talking you, even threatening to kill you, but could no matter how hard it tried failed to do ANY damage to you and in fact was completely incapable of accomplishing it. Would you really feel the need to kill it? I think an interesting take on shithead stories would be to have a human just not really attack a shithead despite their behavior as they've repeatedly failed to do anything other than say a bunch of meaningless insults. Itd be like getting pissed off at some preschooler who calls you an idiot.  Have a shithead's mindset be broken down from them eventually realizing how ineffective they are towards a human without the human ever hurting them or even insulting them back. Just have the human ask questions and get to them to think, even if it takes a long time.

Another concept I'd want explored is does TOUHOU exist in these Yukkuri worlds? did they exist BECAUSE of yukkuri or did touhou exist BEFORE Yukkuri? What would ZUN touhou fans think about and react to seeing Yukkuri pop up? How would the fictional franchise of Touhou be viewed when creatures clearly reminiscent of its characters start popping up in real life one day? Could a Yukkuri if showed the powers and scope of their videogame counterparts become as ridiculously OP if told by a human they could if they believed hard enough and through their latent power of "belief" actually manifest such properties?

One more is what if a shithead actually managed to change its ways?

Riku Light

Nov 6, 2019, 10:14:08 PM11/6/19
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Someone needs to go read the classics. Raising Badged Yukkuri and it’s sequel, and Yukkuri of War. Gensokyou DOES exist. Or at least it did.

Shin

Nov 9, 2019, 12:31:17 AM11/9/19
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Another idea is to take the Touhou aspect and make the characters the Yukkuri are based off of as impossibly rare transformations that make Dosu seem common in comparison. I mostly want to play with this due to the actual Touhou characters being OP as fuck, and Reimu and others being universal in scope, with many being shown to destroy realms of infinite size, abilities that can warp space, able to regenerate from being completely erased on a physical level. I love the idea of a human realizing that theoretical potential in what to them has been a species of mostly naive and intelligent but still simple creatures.

I think the idea of someone realizing that a Yukkuri, and by extension all yukkuri technically have this by human standards godly potential to be mind blowing.