The Odd and Easy Journey of Marisa) Chapter 1: Unwanted Upgrade

MezzoDragon

Apr 17, 2020, 7:05:26 PM4/17/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations

The Odd and Easy Journey of Marisa

Chapter 1: Unwanted Upgrade

Marisa slept peacefully and easily within her cardboard box in an alleyway. The sudden and continuous sound of ‘yu-ing’ from someone nearby forced her to wake up. Marisa wanted to end the nuisance as soon as possible. If only so she can resume taking it easy.

Groggy from waking up so abruptly, Marisa could barely see anything in front of her. The first thing she noticed was a red ribbon. The pest was a Reimu, which Marisa suspected. Along with being the most common yukkuri type, they were often the most annoying.

“Reimu, take it easy ze~,” greets Marisa, more out of obligation than actual interest.

“Take it easy, Marisa,” replies Reimu. She then follows without any hesitation, “Marisa is Reimu’s mate.”

Marisa sleepily blinks twice before realization of this declaration woke her up completely. “Since when ze~?!”

“Since now.”

“Ask a stupid question… ze~,” mumbles Marisa to herself. She then chuckles to herself. “Typical for yukkuri, though ze~.”

“Marisa?” Reimu looks at her ‘mate’ with concern. “Is Marisa okay?”

“Don’t worry, Reimu ze~. Marisa can take it easy ze~.”

“Glad to know.”

Marisa looks away for a second before telling Reimu earnestly, “Marisa is not Reimu’s mate ze~.”

“But why?!” whines the red bean paste bun.

“For lots of reasons ze~. Such as Reimu and Marisa just meeting today ze~.”

“Reimu obtained love at first sight!” coos the miko pastry.

The witchy pastry rolled her eyes. “Maybe Reimu did ze~. Marisa didn’t ze~.”

“Please be Reimu’s mate,” begs Reimu. “Reimu is lonely and wants little ones easy.”

“Marisa understands about being lonely ze~. Having little ones is something Marisa doesn’t want easy ze~.”

Reimu sulked in front of the yukkuri she loved. Marisa looked at her sympathetically. Then, as she gave the heartbroken yukkuri a better once over, she noticed something attended to her ribbon. It was a silver badge.

“That explains a few things ze~,” mumbles Marisa.

“Does it?” asked someone else.

Looking to her left, Marisa finally notices a human standing near Reimu. “Hello, Mister. Take it easy.”

“Hello, Marisa. Now that you know I’m Reimu’s owner, are you going to change your mind?” The owner, Ken, spoke with a hidden anger.

“Still not Reimu’s mate ze~.”

Ken stares at Marisa for a few seconds. “What about me?”

Marisa shrugs with her braid. The question was too vague for her paste core to process.

“You do know by accepting Reimu’s offer, you’d be my pet as well.”

“There’s a Mister Pet Shop down the block and to the Mister Right ze~. Marisa is certain Reimu and Mister will find a yukkuri far better than Marisa ze~.”

Ken felt his anger being replaced with confusion. Instead of trying to promote herself, this Marisa was surrendering a chance at a better life to help other yukkuri at the pet shop. Such behavior from a stray yukkuri was something Ken had never seen before. He wondered if she was once a pet yukkuri. Or perhaps, the child of one. Either way, this Marisa showed too much potential to pass up.

“I could go there,” said Ken, “but I want to make you my pet.”

“But why ze~? Marisa is a trash yukkuri ze~.”

“No real trash would call themselves that.”

Marisa tilted the top of her head towards her right, as if something got her attention. “Sorry about that, Mister ze~. Marisa thought she heard Mister Bagpipes for a second ze~.”

Ken quickly covered his mouth as Reimu looked at Marisa without a single clue. Ken, knowing this Marisa was capable of being sarcastic and witty (especially for a yukkuri), wanted her more than ever. “It’ll help me and Reimu take it easy.”

“Mister is sure about that ze~?”

“Definitely.”

Marisa tapped her chin with her braid as she contemplated her situation. The opportunity to help someone take it easy was too tempting. “You got a deal, Mister ze~.  Marisa will be Mister’s pet ze~.”

“Don’t you mean ‘Mister Slave’?”

“No way ze~. Marisa isn’t like that ze~. At least… Marisa hopes she isn’t ze~.”

“Take it easy, Marisa. I was just messing with you.”

Marisa looked at Ken skeptically. Ken was surprised to know Marisa was capable of skepticism. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay, Mister ze~. Marisa isn’t that bright ze~.”

“Mate gotten!” cheers Reimu.

Marisa looks at Reimu sourly. “Please don’t make Marisa regret her decision easy ze~.”

“Yu?”

“Let’s go home you two. I’ve got things to do.”

“Sure thing, Mister.”

“Reimu loves Mister Ken. Easiest Mister in the Mister World.”

“Should it be Miss World ze~?”

Ken as he walked home actually gave Marisa’s claim some thought. “Maybe…”

Note: This is an edited version. If there are any other grammar and/or spelling mistakes, please tell me. I want to make sure this fanfic can take it easy.

Chris_Yu

Apr 28, 2020, 9:46:24 PM4/28/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Nice story dude. This has a potential to be a good yukkuri fanifc

MezzoDragon

Apr 28, 2020, 9:50:15 PM4/28/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Thanks. I’m going to do more soon.

tlm

May 3, 2020, 2:02:05 AM5/3/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Interesting.

Baron Mind

May 13, 2020, 3:51:40 AM5/13/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
I need to stop dropping off the face of Miss Earth for weeks at a time...

I haven't seen a yukkuri with Marisa's level of snark since I was writing Me and Yu. Loving it!

saline

Jul 7, 2020, 3:23:51 AM7/7/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Great stuff man, keep going!