Yukkuri Sanctuary: Chapter 1

93 visningar

empero...@gmail.com

oläst,
13 nov. 2020 18:38:312020-11-13
till Yukkuri Fanfic Translations

Yukkuri Sanctuary

Chapter 1: A Little Project

Anon was having a horrible week. He had come home one day to see that his prized tropical fish had all suddenly dropped dead, and then received a letter from the local water company that the water had been contaminated by a bacteria that preyed on fish. He filed a lawsuit against the company and won a huge amount of money for damages, but now he had no hobbies, nothing to do after work. After he used the money he got to pay his debts and mortgage, Anon felt a little more at peace, but still had nothing to do over the weekends. One day, Anon remembered that he still needed to throw out or sell his aquarium, but then he had an idea. Apparently there had recently been a very interesting new species of animal(?) discovered that resembled a fist sized human head. The pseudo-sapient species had suddenly appeared in the country of japan, and then started popping up all around the world, with one unique phrase they liked to say that would serve as their namesake: “Yukkuri shiteiite ne!”, which was Japanese for “take it easy”. Recently quite a few stores had popped up around his town, due to the fact that yukkuri did not always get along well with other animals, declaring them “Uneasy” and attacking them, which usually ended up with a smashed or eaten yukkuri due to their small size and weak bodies. Anon now knew what to do with his aquarium, and headed out to one of these Yukkuri stores.

“Good afternoon Sir, how can I help you today?”, a young woman called out to Anon as he entered the store. “I’d like to learn a few things about yukkuri before buying a few. Would I be able to keep a couple dozen yukkuri in a large aquarium?” “As long as you kept them fed and watered, yes. Would you like to check out our breeds of yukkuri we have in stock?” “I’m not buying quite yet, but I’ll take a look.”. Anon went towards the section labelled “Pet Yukkuri” and decided to check out the little beans. There were several different types of yukkuri, he noticed, including some brown haired ones with red bows, some blonde haired ones with witch hats, and some purple haired ones with bonnet-like hats. There was a sign near the front of each enclosure labeled with names for them, and he took a look.

Reimu types

These yukkuri are one of the easiest types of yukkuri to take care of, with their easygoing and loyal, if lazy and self centered personality and their familial bonds. However, do not spoil them, as it will inflate their ego and laziness, which we call Deibus. Out in the wild, they usually take care of the Koyukkuri, or babies, while other yukkuri go out and hunt.

Marisa types

Another easy to take care of yukkuri, Marisas are very durable and hardworking, but have noticeably lower intelligence, and their curiosity can sometimes get the better of them. Out in the wild, Marisas generally serve as hunters for their families and clans.

Patchouli types

Although much more frail than other yukkuri types, Patchouli have near human intelligence and are capable of learning how to read, and are probably the most kind and friendly common yukkuri, although some can become very self centered and arrogant due to their pride over their intelligence. In the hands of an experienced owner, Patchouli can become companions and friends for years afterwards. In the wild, Patchouli usually take a role of leadership and teach the koyukkuri to hunt, work together, and other essential skills.

After reading the descriptions of each yukkuri, Anon decided to get some Reimus and Marisas when he was ready to repurpose his aquarium. Back at home, Anon made some modifications to his tank, filling it a third of the way with dirt while making a stream through the middle of it, then covered the dirt with grass. He placed a plastic tree to the side for shade, and some plastic logs for the yukkuri to sleep in. He then made an area that he could dispense food into so the yukkuri could eat, although he supposed he could also place food all around the aquarium while the yukkuri were asleep so they could “hunt” for it, and placed a light at the top to simulate daytime and nighttime. After replacing the glass with a one sided, more durable variant of glass so as to not break the illusion that the yukkuri were in the wilderness, and fitting a camera near it so he could watch the yukkuri while at work, Anon decided to call it a night. Tomorrow, he would introduce the Yukkuri, and get the sanctuary started

Emperor Toehoe

oläst,
13 nov. 2020 18:42:562020-11-13
till Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oh, I forgot to say this but if you could leave criticisms, suggestions, advice, and any other feedback, please do! I’m new to both yukkuri and writing, so please point out any mistakes i’ve made, that would be really helpful.

saline

oläst,
3 dec. 2020 01:49:452020-12-03
till Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
great start so far, reminds me of some classic old ones like 'an easy project' or the "pregnancy" series. I think its a good format because it let's you do nature/wild yukkuri stuff, but also have the human observer explaining stuff.
Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra
0 nya meddelanden