Yukkuri: Reincarnation

Chris_Yu

Mar 4, 2020, 9:44:58 AM3/4/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Author's Note: Hello whoever is still here! So I'm finally writing this? A yukkuri fanfic in a dying fandom? Whatever, I'm still going to write this fanfic as much as I can. This idea has been bonking my mind for these past few days that I must write it!

I can't promise that I can upload frequently and I won't sugarcoat either. Writing takes time and effort, please understand that I can't just churn stories like a machine

Well enough excuses, ONWARD TO THE FIRST CHAPTER!

-o-o-o-

[Chapter 1: Being Reborn Easy!]

"Take it easy!"
"Take it easy!"

"Chake it eajy!"
"Chake it eajy!"

The first thing I saw in front of me are 2 disembodied head shouting at me with more but smaller disembodied heads beside me shouting also the same greeting as well, only a bit slurred

Okay

WHAT THE FUCK?!

I was just going home after a rough day at work and I suddenly woke up here in some kind of nest

I tried moving around, but only for my body to slide and bob as I tried to move any limbs. I looked down only to find out that I'm just a round creature without limbs

"What the hell is going on?" The thought ran rampant inside my head as I tried to assess my situation

I began to looking around and soon realized what just happened

It can't be...

IT CAN'T BE!

Fragile round body, stupid-looking hat, annoying voice that could induce rage in seconds? Don't tell me...

I BECAME A YUKKURI?!!!!

"Little ones are born easy!" The Reimu in front of me said as a Marisa smiled happily. They're probably my parents... Damn it. "My sisters" yu'd softly besides as I tried to recollect myself

"Okay, just breathe for a second. What can you remember before this happened?" I said to myself and tried to recall my previous memories as tried not to panic

Alright, My name was Mizuki Aoi. I'm a 19-year-old shut-in that lived paycheck to paycheck and did a lot of part-time jobs. And... oh you got to be kidding me...

I died because of a truck crashed into me. Well done me, you died a fucking cliche death. REAL original buddy. Can't you just look both ways when crossing the road? I sighed at my stupid death

But that's not important now, I got reborn (reincarnated?) into a yukkuri of all things! A head that somehow can speak and move without legs

Oh, I remember how they first came to be. They used to freak out and amaze people at the talking manjus that suddenly existed out of nowhere. They had cute voices, appearances and some had special abilities that defy science and logic. Almost every human took them as pets, as the company called simply the FACTORY quickly soared the stock markets. The people were happy at new creatures called yukkuris

Well, that lasted for 2 months...

It wasn't long that people found out that yukkuris are so goddamn annoying and rage-inducing. Due to their short-memory span and childish or even shithead behavior, many and MANY people smashed, killed, stabbed, burned, squished, tortured yukkuris in just a single week. I even had my own experiences with these idiotic pastries. I heard so many "Give sweets sweets, shitty human"- type phrases every time I went outside before smashing them with a single stomp. And added the fact that yukkuri's are probably the most fragile creatures to ever have existed, people started to have fun abusing these little shits and gave rise to a new genre of entertainment

And since they reproduce insanely fast, they're not going anywhere for a long time. They even began turning into one of the worst pests that humanity has ever seen. Eating at anything they see that is considered edible, while loudly proclaiming that the "vegetables grew on their own for them to be munch munch" while the farmer who worked hard for months on growing those crops proceeds to kill them with a hoe

And don't get me started at home declarations. The memories of so many broken windows... HOW THE HELL THEY CAN SMASH THROUGH GLASS WITHOUT GETTING INJURED?!

"Marisa, this little one hasn't said take it easy" Reimu finally noticed that I hadn't said anything since I was borned. I finally snapped out of my thoughts and looked at "my parents" with a nervous look

"Damn it, I better say something before they decide that "I'm not easy" and make me a poo poo slave" I thought

"Take it easy" I perfectly pronounced with slurring and with a bland tone, unlike my sisters who had shrill voices

Reimu and Marisa looked at me with shock, "WOAH! Little one can really say easy easy!" Marisa proclaimed in happiness as my mother did the same

"Shit, I forgot koyukkuris slur when they're born" I thought and made a mental note to adjust my behavior to avoid getting suspicious

"Time for little ones to munch munch!" Reimu proclaimed as Marisa snapped the stalk I came from to the hungry mouths of the koyukkuris

"Munch munch!"
"Weimu will munch munch a lot!"
"Gweat Mawisa will eat munch munch!"

I watched as my sisters swarmed the stalk, loudly eating while shouting "Happiness!". I looked in disgust before slowly hopping towards them. I need to eat if I want to survive. I chewed at the green stalk, and it tasted bland. I can't understand they would think this is delicious, its literally just a stem!

"Little ones are so cute!" Reimu said as she smiled at us. I kept my blank expression as I kept eating the stem

Yukkuris are so dumb

-o-o-o-

"Weimu want to wub wub with mommy!" One of my sisters said and started to rub against the mother Reimu. My other sisters soon followed and started to rub against her belly

Me, on the other hand, just watched on the distance as I think what will I do for now on. Being a yukkuri is the worst thing ever. I get killed by the most stupid things if I not cautious enough. I need to plan to survive to this unfair rebirth

First, I need to know what I can do as a yukkuri. I'm Marisa-type, so at least I have this braid to act as a hand and a hat to store things if I had to. But obviously, I'm still a koyukkuri. My bottom gets torn easily if I hop or slide too hard. So I need to train my skin to become tougher. That way I can survive what the outside world can throw at me

I used to work as a part-timer in a yukkuri pet shop so I know most things what yukkuris are and what they can do. And one of them is that yukkuri's skins gets tougher every time it gets damaged and repaired

Second, I better do it fast and get out of here as soon as possible because...

I glanced my eye on the pile of fabrics in one of the corner of the nest. It was full of small reimu ribbons and witch hats. A reminder that I wasn't the firstborn on this yukkuri family

Just my luck, my parents are dumb parents

"HURTZ! HURTZ! WEIMU IS GETTING SQWUISHED!" I immediately looked at my sister earlier. She was getting crushed by my mother by doing rub rub. She seems to ignore my sister's plea and continued to press against the small yukkuri

*SPLAT*

"YUPI!" my sister cried as her beanpaste spilled out her body

"wan cho... tak... mor... eajy" the squished koyukkuri said before death

"AH! LITTLE ONE TOOK IT EASY FOREVER!!!" my mother cried, oblivious that she was the cause of my sister's death

I looked in horror as it gave me a reminder that what happened to my sister could have happened to me. Yukkuris are extremely fragile and stupid. It wasn't the question will yukkuris die, it was a question WHEN will yukkuris die

I watched my mother carry my sister's dead remains and added it into the pile I mentioned earlier. That could have been me...

No

NO!

I'M NOT GOING TO DIE LIKE THAT!

I don't how but I will do anything turn back into a human! But for now, I NEED TO SURVIVE!

-o-o-o-

end of chapter 1

Author's Note: I hope this was a good first chapter. I'll be working on the next one. Point out any mistakes or suggestions if you have any!

Rakuro Kamigami

Mar 4, 2020, 10:59:47 AM3/4/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
This is actually entertaining. I can't really voice out any complaints about this and I gotta say this is an interesting take. For someone to start off living as a Yukari. This is gonna be fun to read, if I do have any criticisms upon rereads I'll edit this msg

Baron Mind

Mar 8, 2020, 11:08:43 PM3/8/20
to Yukkuri Fanfic Translations
Oho! I really need to check in more often.

I haven't seen a good human-turned-yukkuri plot in ages and so far it looks you've got a pretty fresh take on it to boot. Inwardly cringed a bit at the writing style but that'll wear off with practice. Looking forward to more!