Broken command: "slug"

Terry McCall

Jan 6, 2019, 2:07:16 AM1/6/19
to YubNub

Info:

site redirects to spam & malware

Suggestion:

Remove command

Jonathan Aquino

Jan 6, 2019, 8:46:36 PM1/6/19
to yub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Terry, I can remove it but someone can easily put it back. Any suggestions for what to replace it with? Maybe just a google search for slug?

Jon

Jan 10, 2020, 2:54:22 PM1/10/20
to YubNub
Jon, what is a concern here? The command was created back in 2008, most likely the target domain was since taken over and made into a malware site. I don't think there was a malicious intent behind creating this command, so it's unlikely someone will reinstate it as such.

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 5:46:36 PM UTC-8, Jonathan Aquino wrote:
Hi Terry, I can remove it but someone can easily put it back. Any suggestions for what to replace it with? Maybe just a google search for slug?

Jon

Dec 31, 2023, 7:47:42 AM12/31/23
to YubNub
Yup exactly. Don't think it will be remade; the original domain just expired & got taken over.

Jonathan Aquino

Jan 1, 2024, 2:13:45 AMJan 1
to YubNub
I'm so sorry - I must have missed the message from Jan 2020 and forgot about the whole thing. I updated the command to point to a Google search for "slug" for now.

Jon