#267 BenjaminJanuary-Hambly,TarotSeq.-Edwards,GoblinEmperor-Addison,Psmith-Wodehouse,Raksura-Wells

Yuletide Admin

Dec 21, 2020, 9:01:43 AM12/21/20
to yt...@googlegroups.com
Request 1 by egelantier
Benjamin January Mysteries - Barbara Hambly
Benjamin January, Abishag Shaw

All my detailed prompts are in the letter!

Likes:
Hurt/comfort in all its forms is always a sure bet. Physical h/c, emotional h/c, captivity scenarios, caretaking, whipping, dungeons, bullet wounds, wilderness survival, whatever. I love hurt/comfort within a relationship context (ships or gen: family ties, friendship, comradeship, all is good), as an opening for one character to be hurt and for the other(s) to be outraged/terrified/comforting on their behalf. I am particular about is who in a particular gets whumped, and will usually indicate so in prompts.
Found families, tight friendships, us-against-the-world, people finding and keeping each other, providing kindness and warmth against the dark.
Hope and kindness, Clair universes, stories where the entropy tries its hardest but doesn't win.
Loyalty in all forms! From ritualized (oaths, kneeling, ring-kissing, knights and bodyguards and henchmen and so on) to more casual ways, like standing up for your friends.
Self-sacrifice (metaphorical and quite literal) and martyrdom (ditto).
Tropey AUs - space opera! high fantasy! historical! pirates!
Outsider POVs.

DNWs:
Hurt no comfort.
Partner betrayal of any kind or infidelity.
Unhappy endings and permanent character death ("presumed dead" and "died but got better" are fine).
A/B/O, hurtcomfortverse, any other 'verses with built-in biology-based inequality.
Hanahaki AUs and variations thereof.
Mundane AUs.

Letter: http://eglantiere.dreamwidth.org/263390.html

Request 2 by egelantier
The Tarot Sequence - K.D. Edwards
Rune Saint John, Addam Saint Nicholas, Brandon "Brand" Saint John

[...]

Fandom-specific DNW caveat: alluding to Rune's pre-canon sexual assault and dealing with its aftermath is fine, but I would rather not have it graphically descripted and at the center of the story.

Letter: http://eglantiere.dreamwidth.org/263390.html

Request 3 by egelantier
The Goblin Emperor - Katherine Addison
Maia Drazhar (The Goblin Emperor)

[...]

Fandom-specific DNW caveat: pretty much every pairing is fine, but please no alluding to Maia being unhappy with Csethiro (Maia/somebody with him and Csethiro being in a peaceful lavender arrangement is fine).

Letter: http://eglantiere.dreamwidth.org/263390.html

Request 4 by egelantier
Psmith - P. G. Wodehouse
Mike Jackson, Rupert Psmith

[...]

Fandom-specific DNW caveat: Please no happy heterosexuality for either Mike or Psmith. They can be platonic partners or friends, but I would rather not read about them marrying and parting ways.

Letter: http://eglantiere.dreamwidth.org/263390.html

Request 5 by egelantier
Books of the Raksura - Martha Wells
Moon (Books of the Raksura)

[...]

Due date
This pinch hit is due at: 9pm UTC on 23 December 2020 (PLEASE NOTE THE DAY *AND* TIME.)

Check the links below to see when it is for you:

To claim this pinch hit
If you are getting pinch hits by email, reply to the email that has the pinch hit you want in it, and include your ao3 name.

If you're viewing the google group forum on a mobile device, you can claim a pinch hit by emailing yuleti...@gmail.com with your AO3 name and the number of the pinch hit you want to claim.

If you're viewing the google group forum through the desktop version, you can use the same method as mobile, or scroll the welcome post above the topics to see further options.

If you successfully claim the pinch hit, we will reply and confirm that it's yours, and assign the recipient to you on AO3. If you don't hear from us, it went to someone else.

What does it mean to pinch hit? Are there penalties? Are there perks?
For more info, please see the Yuletide FAQ, and specifically:

You can send other questions to yuleti...@gmail.com.

Thank you and good luck!

-Yuletide mods