#264 reed.co.uk Charger ad,Clean Bandit-Baby/Marina/Fonsi,Murderbot Diaries,Road to El Dorado (2000)

Yuletide Admin

Dec 21, 2020, 9:01:31 AM12/21/20
to yt...@googlegroups.com
Request 1 by enchantedsleeper
reed.co.uk "Charger" (TV Ad 2016)
James Reed (reed.co.uk TV ad 2016), Robert (reed.co.uk TV ad 2016)

I would love any kind of fic that imagines the moments leading up to Robert’s ‘rescue’ that caused James Reed to intervene (outsider POV would be amazing) and what happens afterwards. Where do they go? Who is James Reed, anyway, and does he make a habit of swooping in and rescuing gentlemen in distress?

You don’t have to be overly literal with the fact that this is an advert for a jobs website, but you absolutely can if it tickles you :D It’s Yuletide, so feel free to go a bit cracky/weird!

I would ideally like this to be shippy or with a strong homoerotic subtext. I mean: bridal carry. White horse. Need I say more?

DNWs: Character death, infidelity, amnesia, gore, body horror, A/B/O, pregnancy, rape or non-con, stripper AU, master/slave AU or dynamics, scat, vore, bloodplay, bestiality

Letter: http://enchantedsleeper.dreamwidth.org/1379.html

Request 2 by enchantedsleeper
Clean Bandit - Baby feat. Marina & Luis Fonsi (Music Video)
Blonde Bride (Baby - Clean Bandit), Wedding Crasher in Red Suit (Baby - Clean Bandit)

The music video for this song is beautiful and so sad, and I desperately need fix-it fic or just more stories featuring these two and their relationship. More ideas/prompts to be found in my letter!

DNWs: Character death, infidelity (though pining for someone else is okay!), amnesia, gore, body horror, A/B/O, pregnancy, rape or non-con, stripper AU, master/slave AU or dynamics, scat, vore, bloodplay, bestiality

Letter: http://enchantedsleeper.dreamwidth.org/1379.html

Request 3 by enchantedsleeper
The Murderbot Diaries - Martha Wells
Murderbot (Murderbot Diaries), Dr. Mensah (Murderbot Diaries), Asshole Research Transport (Murderbot Diaries)

With this fandom, I would greatly enjoy having all three characters in the same fic but would also be happy with Murderbot and Dr. Mensah OR Murderbot and ART.

I would love any kind of fic exploring the friendships between Murderbot and ART, and Murderbot and Dr. Mensah, preferably feel-good and humorous. Post Network-Effect would be amazing! Many more specific prompts and ideas can be found in my letter. I would prefer not to have Murderbot and ART be romantically involved (at least not in a "human" way) but queerplatonic vibes would be awesome.

DNWs: Non-canonical character death, sexual relationships involving Murderbot and/or ART, infidelity, amnesia, gore, body horror, A/B/O, pregnancy, rape or non-con, stripper AU, master/slave AU or dynamics, scat, vore, bloodplay, bestiality

Letter: http://enchantedsleeper.dreamwidth.org/1379.html

Request 4 by enchantedsleeper
The Road to El Dorado (2000)
Miguel (Road to El Dorado), Chel (Road to El Dorado), Tulio (Road to El Dorado)

These characters are so hilarious and great that I would love anything that plays off their very specific dynamic and/or develops it a bit further. I am fully on the OT3 bandwagon for these three but if that’s not your cup of tea, any permutation of Chel/Tulio, Chel/Miguel or Miguel/Tulio would be awesome (especially if the last one features an exasperated Chel who is So Done with those two dancing around each other, or who is scheming to get them to admit their feelings). If romance is not your cup of tea, I’m also a massive fan of queerplatonic dynamics!

I would love post-canon fic that explores what the trio got up to after leaving El Dorado, and the adventures that they have. Or maybe a canon divergence fic where they all stay in El Dorado? Maybe Tzekel-Kan is redeemable (or never escapes the city)?

I would also be delighted with any kind of AU setting – historic, modern, futuristic, go wild! If you go down the AU route I would love for Al Tivo to be there in some form (especially if you can find a creative way to work him in) but it’s not a must-have (which is why I didn’t request him as a character), just a nice-to-have!

DNWs: Character death, infidelity, amnesia, gore, body horror, A/B/O, pregnancy, rape or non-con, stripper AU, master/slave AU or dynamics, scat, vore, bloodplay, bestiality

Letter: http://enchantedsleeper.dreamwidth.org/1379.html

Due date
This pinch hit is due at: 9pm UTC on 23 December 2020 (PLEASE NOTE THE DAY *AND* TIME.)

Check the links below to see when it is for you:

To claim this pinch hit
If you are getting pinch hits by email, reply to the email that has the pinch hit you want in it, and include your ao3 name.

If you're viewing the google group forum on a mobile device, you can claim a pinch hit by emailing yuleti...@gmail.com with your AO3 name and the number of the pinch hit you want to claim.

If you're viewing the google group forum through the desktop version, you can use the same method as mobile, or scroll the welcome post above the topics to see further options.

If you successfully claim the pinch hit, we will reply and confirm that it's yours, and assign the recipient to you on AO3. If you don't hear from us, it went to someone else.

What does it mean to pinch hit? Are there penalties? Are there perks?
For more info, please see the Yuletide FAQ, and specifically:

You can send other questions to yuleti...@gmail.com.

Thank you and good luck!

-Yuletide mods