Online requirement session 6/4/2012 - 3 PM to 7 PM IST

Balathasan Sayanthan

Apr 5, 2012, 1:18:00 AM4/5/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We would be doing a session tomorrow from 3 PM to 7 PM SL time. The objective is to finalize the scope and detailed requirements. We would also try to create the wire frames so that the development team will have exact areas to work on.

By end of day I would send in the agenda with the use cases we would like to cover. Feel free to comment on it before we start the call tomorrow, so during the call we can stick to a plan and not start planning at 3 :)

Those who can join in please do drop a line, so we can add you on skype and see how we can break down tasks during the session.

Thank you,

regards,

--
Balathasan Sayanthan

Sayanthan

Apr 5, 2012, 12:39:56 PM4/5/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Please leave a comment on the document if you want any item to be added or removed from the tentative agenda for tomorrow.

regards,

Sayanthan

Sayanthan

Apr 6, 2012, 5:09:25 AM4/6/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Just a gentle reminder. We will be starting in about 20 mins. If joining, please ping on skype .

Balathasan Sayanthan

Apr 6, 2012, 9:14:35 AM4/6/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you guys. Excellent session!

Will start on the initial wire frames and send it across. So Bala and any other contributors could also create certain parts based on the discussion. Dhanushan will do the PP based on the agreed user stories at the call. JK will be giving a shot at the ER schema while the discussion points are still fresh in the mind.  Jason and Gayathiry, coding is over to you. :)

Those who couldn't join the call. Please talk to one of us when you get time so we can split tasks.
--
Balathasan Sayanthan

vijayaratha vijayasingam

Apr 10, 2012, 11:33:31 AM4/10/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
sorry i could not attend the call..Could you send the meeting notes?..Where can we find other documents? user stories, ER diagram, things need to be done..etc
Thanks
-Ratha

Bala

Apr 10, 2012, 11:50:35 PM4/10/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com

Miss Vijayaratha

Unfortunately we weren’t able to compile meeting notes immediately as we too are tied up with all sorts of stuff.

However you should get  a mail during the new year holidays or by the end of the weekend of some of things which you have asked for.

We do have a list of UIs which we hope to create mock UIs or rather wireframes for ySchool. Will you be able help us develop them using Dreamweaver ?

Regards

Bala

vijayaratha vijayasingam

Apr 11, 2012, 1:44:24 AM4/11/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bala,
It seems that , the UI currently you plan/develop is based on HTML+JS....If so, then i try my best to contribute..:)

-Ratha.

Senthu Sivasambu

Apr 11, 2012, 4:26:52 PM4/11/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

Have been following this trail..just a quick input for your consideration.

Given that in the rural areas not many external users are going to have desktop/tablet devices and are likely to interact with the system using mobile phones (some of your requirements talked something about allowing parents to gain access to student's records and so on, and notifications can be delivered to smart phones and etc), following UI framework could be a sensible choice.

http://foundation.zurb.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2EjipWZ7co

This is MIT licensed - see if that fits the business requirements.

cheers,

/Senthu
--

/Senthu

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." —J.K. Rowling

Bala

Apr 11, 2012, 11:40:35 PM4/11/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com

Good one Senthu.

We’ll definitely could accommodate it as it’ll be the trend in Jaffna as in other developing countries  to use mobile phone to access systems of similar nature.

Having said that I think we need broad consensus among the ySchool community on details pertaining to its implementation.

I wonder if we could accommodate this in our 1st phase since we’ve got plenty of basic stuff to do.

I don’t know if we’ve got to consider changes to the ySchool’s draft architecture if we’ve decide to accommodate this sometime down the line.

Let’s see if we could talk about this in our next call with our techies.

Regards

Bala

Bala

Apr 11, 2012, 11:54:01 PM4/11/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com

@Sayanthan

I just learnt that we could use foundation (the link sent by Senthu) to develop not just mobile UIs but desktop web UIs as well. And it seem though it’s quite handy and easy to use than Dreamweaver.

Your take on it

Regards

Bala

Apr 12, 2012, 12:19:46 AM4/12/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Senthu,

Thank you for sharing this information.

On the technology thread we discussed and decided to pick bootstrap. Do you think that zurb is better than bootstrap? if yes, please enlighten us on the pros and cons.  http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

regards,

Sayanthan
--
Balathasan Sayanthan

Senthu Sivasambu

Apr 12, 2012, 12:05:20 PM4/12/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Sayanthan,

It seems that from the beginning Zurb guys taken the platform issues seriously - apart from that
both serves the same purpose - Unfortunately I do not have hands on experience in UI design in web space, perhaps what is quoted by Jonathan Smiley, the lead developer and designer at Zurb presents these two frameworks in nutshell

"The primary difference is that Bootstrap is built around a fixed grid, while Foundation is built on a responsive grid. There's a little less overhead to designing with Bootstrap, but you lose out on support for other devices. Both are solid solutions, just a matter of what your needs look like."

Jonathan SmileyLead designer for Foundation at ZURB

Hope that helps.

/Senthu

Sent from my BlackBerry® PlayBook™
www.blackberry.com