Tool set for ySchool

Sayanthan

Jan 12, 2012, 8:16:37 AM1/12/12
to ySchool
I think it will be good if we can agree on a tool set to use during
developement so that we can help each other when we come across. I was
using a commercial tool for PHP earlier. But I think its better to use
an open source tool. Shall we go for Netbeans?http://netbeans.org/
features/php/
I like the fact that it has selenium support and PHPUnit support. If
there is a better alternative please let us know.

I think Gayathiry has set this up and checked it. Nirojan, Gayathiry
and any others who would like to do a bit of coding on this please let
me know a time to have a call probably on Saturday. So we can go
through the requirements a bit and try to do a bit of hacking of the
existing code.

/Senthu

Apr 1, 2012, 11:44:31 AM4/1/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
If I may leave a comment on this Sayanthan - Netbeans,though has some
community backup is not widely used out there in the industry. We should look into
using Eclipse (www.eclipse.org/) for Java development and open C/C++ standard
projects.

/Senthu

Jeyakumaran Chandrasegaram

Apr 1, 2012, 7:44:48 PM4/1/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Its your call Senthu .. I would be using IntelliJ IDEA, Jason would use eclipse .. so for the case for netbeans. end of the day, you need to build from maven via command line and people in the team kinda strict with it. No commits should be made through IDEs ... So its irrelevant which IDE devs using ...

I think many will use eclipse, but I would be using IDEA .. no recommendations

Senthu Sivasambu

Apr 1, 2012, 7:50:40 PM4/1/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
Fair point Jeya - I agree that IDE should be left with the developer. My statement was in concern that if we however were to adopt a policy with regard to a particular type of IDE then going after the one that is widely used in the industry may be beneficial from an intern's stand point.

It is good to know we have left that with the developer.

/Senthu
--

/Senthu

"It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." —J.K. Rowling

Bala

Apr 1, 2012, 11:42:50 PM4/1/12
to ysc...@googlegroups.com
IntellJ is my choice too as its something i prefer over netbeans. but i dont think  you could develop JSP applications with the community version i.e. free version.

Bala
--
With Regards
Bala