Media Coverage for our No Human Crematorium Here Campaign

Karen DeCamp

Jul 25, 2022, 1:01:35 PM7/25/22
to yrpart...@googlegroups.com
Hello York Road Partnership friends,
July 12 was our hearing in Circuit Court regarding the zoning board approval of a human crematorium near homes in Winston Govans, Richnor Springs and Radnor Winston. The Judge is reviewing the case and we are waiting for his decision.

We had extensive news coverage in the Baltimore Sun, the Baltimore Banner, and The Baltimore Brew.
In addition, The Sun published an Op-Ed piece co-authored by Senator Mary Washington and Cindy Camp.
Thank you, Senator Washington, for modeling the kind of proactive support for communities that we need on this issue and others!

Below are the links to the news coverage. Also adding in today's letter to the editor from Winston Govans resident Margaret Baldridge. Thank you, Margaret!
*Please support the cause by writing your own letter to the editor and commenting on the online articles and social media posts.
**Please also share within your communities.
I'll endeavor to have print copies at the next in-person YRP General Meeting August 3 for those who can't access the online versions.
--Karen DeCamp

Baltimore Sun Op-Ed by Sen. Mary Washington and Cindy Camp, July 18, 2022

Proposed crematorium threatens health and justice in our Baltimore community | GUEST COMMENTARY

Baltimore Sun Story by Billy Jean Louis, July 12, 2022

Govans residents seek to overturn zoning approval for crematorium, cite potentially harmful environmental effects – Baltimore Sun

Baltimore Brew Story by Fern Shen, July 15, 2022

Judge hears arguments in residents' appeal of York Road crematorium | Baltimore Brew

Baltimore Banner Story by Jasmine Vaughn Hall, July 20, 2022

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/community/public-health/govans-residents-worry-about-health-hazards-of-a-proposed-crematorium-62EWG5G5RBE6TCJOIGWSGFOPO4/

Baltimore Sun Letter to the Editor by Margaret Baldridge July 25, 2022

Govans crematorium must be rejected | READER COMMENTARY – Baltimore Sun

Older 2022 media coverage:

Baltimore Brew Op-Ed by Cindy Camp and Lia Purpura, February 22, 2022

York Road crematorium opponents: Who we are and why we fight | Baltimore Brew

Baltimore Brew Story by Fern Shen, February 2, 2022

Neighbors ask judge to review board's approval of York Road crematorium | Baltimore Brew

--
Karen DeCamp