Fwd: Invitation: South African National Blockchain Alliance (SANBA) virtual launch 3 April 2020

Gianluca Miscione

Apr 2, 2020, 7:32:26 AM4/2/20
***Apologies for cross-posting***

Perhaps of interest.
Best,
Gianluca

Gianluca Miscione

University College Dublin

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Claudio Tessone <claudio...@business.uzh.ch>
Date: Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 10:23 AM
Subject: [[UZH Blockchain Center - Events]] [UZH BCC] Invitation: South African National Blockchain Alliance (SANBA) virtual launch 3 April 2020
To: <blockcha...@business.lists.uzh.ch>

Dear all

Please, find attached the invitation to virtually participate in the launch of the South African National Blockchain Alliance (SANBA) with the presentation of startups that are promoting novel ideas to cope with the current crisis

We (as UZH Blockchain Center) are part of the nascent collaboration between the Switzerland (through its Embassy) and the South-African's incipient ecosystem.

Stay safe, and best regards!

:::~  Prof. Dr Claudio J. Tessone  <claudio...@business.uzh.ch>
:::~  Assistant Professor of Network Science
:::~  Academic Director, UZH Blockchain Center
:::~  URPP Social Networks
:::~  Universität Zürich
:::~
:::~  Andreasstrasse 15 (AND4.42), Zürich, Switzerland
:::~  Phone: +41 44 634 92 61

~~: Stay up-to-date with UZH Blockchain Center activities
~~:    Twitter: https://twitter.com/uzh_blockchain
~~:    Linkedin: https://linkedin.com/company/uzh-blockchain-center

Begin forwarded message:

From: Maaza Alexandre Kaci EDA MAAAE <alexandre-...@eda.admin.ch>
Date: 2 April 2020 at 10:05:13 CEST
To: Fabian Schär <f.sc...@unibas.ch>, 'Claudio Tessone'<claudio...@business.uzh.ch>, Mathias Ruch <mathia...@cvvc.com>, Lorenz Furrer <Lorenz...@furrerhugi.ch>, "thomas.p...@bf.uzh.ch"<thomas.p...@bf.uzh.ch>, Thorsten Hens <Thorst...@bf.uzh.ch>, Afonso da Silva Dércio SBFI<dercio.afo...@sbfi.admin.ch>
Cc: Friedenthal Jacquelene EDA FRQ <jacquelene....@eda.admin.ch>

Dear Swiss Blockchainers,

I trust this finds you well in these unprecedented times.

Sitting in Pretoria, I’m in awe of the overwhelming global response to today’s challenge. It’s encouraging to see Switzerland leveraging its innovation ecosystem with a series online hackathons against Covid-19.

We are also seeing a research and innovation-led approach here in South Africa, including in the blockchain domain with startups relevant to combatting the pandemic in Africa and beyond:
-        CoviID: privacy/security-centric geolocation and contact tracing
-        Ribbon Blockchain: automated public health through tokenized incentives

The founders of these startups and other experts will be taking part in the virtual launch of the South Africa National Blockchain Alliance (SANBA) tomorrow morning (from 7:00 GMT – program attached). The embassy in Pretoria is a strategic partner for SANBA and is looking forward to nurturing a collaborative relationship between Switzerland and South Africa in blockchain. As such, I would like to invite you to join us tomorrow to catch a glimpse of the opportunities that exist in South Africa.

We would be delighted if you could kindly share this invitation within your networks (despite the short notice). You will find all the relevant links to the livestream, on-demand presentations and demos in the email below.

Wishing you all health and wellbeing.

Kind regards,
Alexandre Maaza
Junior Program Officer - Innovation

Embassy of Switzerland to South Africa,
Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mauritius and Namibia

P.O. Box 2508, Brooklyn Square 0075, South Africa (postal address)
225 Veale Street, Parc Nouveau, New Muckleneuk 0181, Pretoria
South Africa
Phone +27 12 452 0660 (switchboard)

Phone +27 12 452 0682 (direct)
Fax +27 12 346 6606
alexandre-...@eda.admin.ch
www.eda.admin.ch/pretoria

Follow us on social media

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.