my outer background image is transparent PNG, why are borders showing?

Andy

Jul 22, 2009, 2:41:13 PM7/22/09
to yourminis Developer Network
On this widget:

http://www.wegohealth.com/WEGO-Allergy.html

The background image of the mx:application tag is a PNG with
transparent corners.

Anyone know why that background color is showing?

Thanks,
Andy

Gavan Woolery

Jul 22, 2009, 9:02:10 PM7/22/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
It appears to be displaying properly to me (I think?) - what background color is showing - if its white I can't tell if its transparent or not since the rest of the page is white.  On a side note, I noticed some users have encountered issues with using PNGs in Flex, sometimes saving the image again fixes it (perhaps an interlaced format issue?).

Andy

Jul 23, 2009, 8:32:44 AM7/23/09
to yourminis Developer Network
I tried resaving the image and it didn't seem to help.

You can see the problem better on this page:
http://allergy.wegohealth.com/allergy-treatment.html

That blue on the right and bottom is not supposed to be there, nor the
tiny bit of white in the corners.

On Jul 22, 9:02 pm, Gavan Woolery <ga...@goowymedia.com> wrote:
> It appears to be displaying properly to me (I think?) - what background
> color is showing - if its white I can't tell if its transparent or not since
> the rest of the page is white.  On a side note, I noticed some users have
> encountered issues with using PNGs in Flex, sometimes saving the image again
> fixes it (perhaps an interlaced format issue?).

Gavan Woolery

Jul 23, 2009, 4:03:51 PM7/23/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me the PNG you are using?

Andy

Jul 27, 2009, 2:05:27 PM7/27/09
to yourminis Developer Network
I've played around with it a bit and I added an inner MX:box with the
background image, and it's now not showing that weird blue border

But now it looks like the widget's bgcolor is showing through:
http://www.wegohealth.com/WEGO-Allergy.html

I've tried using:
widget.bgcolor=""
or
widget.bgcolor="transparent"

Any idea on how to make yourminis background's transparent?

Thanks,
Andy