Using a widget mp3 player for my original music?

Dorie

Aug 19, 2009, 2:30:24 PM8/19/09
to yourminis Developer Network
I have a free google page, just set up, and in it I can add "gadgets"-
I added a yourminis widget, an mp3 player. It works wonderfully!
However, apparently anyone can alter what music it plays, the
background color, etc.

Obviously, I need to set it so that only I can alter it when logged in
to my site. Does anyone know how to do this? I love the speed of
this mp3 player, and how it buffers the song for a bit so you don't
get choppy playback- it's awesome. But I can't have any old person
coming in and changing up the playlist, heh...

Any help would be great, just pointing me to a few links even :)
Dorie

Also...
If you want to check out the page, it's www.elberethhoward.com. I've
disabled the player for now, in case some random person wanders on to
the site and sees a whole lot of stuff I didn't actually
compose...lol, that could be bad.

Gavan Woolery

Aug 19, 2009, 3:24:03 PM8/19/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
Do you know which MP3 player widget it is (or better yet have a link to the widget)?  Most widgets you can't edit once they are embedded, or even if you can the changes should not be permanent (it will revert to your original settings if the page is refreshed).

Dorie

Aug 19, 2009, 3:35:02 PM8/19/09
to yourminis Developer Network
Woo! Someone responded! Thank you so much!

Right now the widget defaults to a random playlist. Here's the page
I've got the widget on right now.

http://sites.google.com/site/elberethmusicproductions/home/music

I can give you the html code for the player if that would help? I
can't really read it- it was copy and pasted. I admit to being pretty
clueless about this. I have tried simply putting the html code for a
yahoo player in there as well, since there's an html editor option in
the google page editor- but google says it has issues with the code,
and deletes it when I try this. So loaded up this widget via the
applications available through google...

I think it's just taking someone else's widget off another page, which
is why the playlist always reverts when I reload the page. :P

Dorie

On Aug 19, 2:24 pm, Gavan Woolery <ga...@goowymedia.com> wrote:
> Do you know which MP3 player widget it is (or better yet have a link to the
> widget)?  Most widgets you can't edit once they are embedded, or even if you
> can the changes should not be permanent (it will revert to your original
> settings if the page is refreshed).
>
> On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Dorie <elberethhow...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a free google page, just set up, and in it I can add "gadgets"-
> > I added a yourminis widget, an mp3 player.  It works wonderfully!
> > However, apparently anyone can alter what music it plays, the
> > background color, etc.
>
> > Obviously, I need to set it so that only I can alter it when logged in
> > to my site.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I love the speed of
> > this mp3 player, and how it buffers the song for a bit so you don't
> > get choppy playback- it's awesome.  But I can't have any old person
> > coming in and changing up the playlist, heh...
>
> > Any help would be great, just pointing me to a few links even :)
> > Dorie
>
> > Also...
> > If you want to check out the page, it'swww.elberethhoward.com.  I've

Gavan Woolery

Aug 19, 2009, 6:43:07 PM8/19/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
Here is your solution (I think):

1) Go to the original widget located at: http://www.yourminis.com/minis/yourminis/yourminis/mini:mp3
2) Modify the widget and playlist to your liking
3) Click the "Copy Me" button in the upper left corner of the grid area, or select it from the widget's drop-down menu.
4) Select "copy embed code" (the plus symbol), then copy the html code and place it on your site.

This will create a version of the widget specifically for you, and although people will be able to modify and copy it from your website, it will always initially appear as your playlist to every user.

Dorie

Aug 19, 2009, 9:48:54 PM8/19/09
to yourminis Developer Network
This is so wonderful! Thank you! Haha, I've been busy doing other
things today, and was hoping for a response to my question with a
"help yourself" link when I checked back here, perhaps. Instead
you've given me step by step instructions on how to solve the
problem! I haven't tried this yet, but I have a feeling your solution
is exactly right.

So...Thank you very much!
Dorie

On Aug 19, 5:43 pm, Gavan Woolery <ga...@goowymedia.com> wrote:
> Here is your solution (I think):
>
> 1) Go to the original widget located at:http://www.yourminis.com/minis/yourminis/yourminis/mini:mp3
> 2) Modify the widget and playlist to your liking
> 3) Click the "Copy Me" button in the upper left corner of the grid area, or
> select it from the widget's drop-down menu.
> 4) Select "copy embed code" (the plus symbol), then copy the html code and
> place it on your site.
>
> This will create a version of the widget specifically for you, and although
> people will be able to modify and copy it from your website, it will always
> initially appear as your playlist to every user.

Dorie

Aug 19, 2009, 10:30:39 PM8/19/09
to yourminis Developer Network
Aaand the player works! WOOT!

Thank you one more time! :D :D

Dorie

Gavan Woolery

Aug 20, 2009, 5:31:35 PM8/20/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
No problem, let me know if you ever have any other questions...

Dorie

Aug 21, 2009, 2:23:21 PM8/21/09
to yourminis Developer Network
I definitely will Gavan! You've been a big help. Thanks again!