xmp api issue

dave

May 4, 2009, 7:23:23 PM5/4/09
to yourminis Developer Network
We’re working on widget that receives a rss feed. Normally not a
problem. The widget is in as2 I found the sample for rss reading with
goowey api and its pretty easy. The problem is that I am running cs4
and the mxp for cs4. When I try to run your as2 example code I get
errors.

The class or interface 'yourminisAPI' could not be loaded.

I have tried installing the as2 flash 8 mxp with no luck. I have also
tried installing it on another machine that I have cs3 still installed
and it gives me errors on install. That machine also has cs4 on it.
I am a bit stuck and we are getting near our deadline. Any help would
be great.

Gavan Woolery

May 4, 2009, 10:46:01 PM5/4/09
to your...@googlegroups.com
Check your classpath to make sure the default classpath is in there -- I have noticed flash clears this sometimes for an unknown reason.

For AS2, the default classpath is: $(LocalData)/Classes
For AS3, the default classpath is: $(AppConfig)/ActionScript 3.0/Classes

Hope this helps!  Let me know if you need more assistance...