Three-Day Work Week

Toyin Falola

Jun 7, 2023, 8:13:39 AM6/7/23
to dialogue, Yoruba Affairs

Three-Day Work Week

Two Nigerian state governors have announced that civil servants can work three days a week and added N10,000 naira to the minimum payment. I expect other states to follow. I expect school teachers to follow.

Is this not a decision to kill a country? Is productivity, not the condition to move us forward?

Is this the smartest response to the subsidy removal collected by faceless 175 oil marketers?

TF

Toyin Falola

Jun 7, 2023, 8:46:34 AM6/7/23
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com, Yoruba Affairs

Sir:

We have not been given the list of collectors.

We have not seen the receipts

The NNPC is yet to give us the data.

From: usaafric...@googlegroups.com <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Olayinka Oyegbile, PhD. <yink...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 7:43 AM
To: usaafric...@googlegroups.com <usaafric...@googlegroups.com>
Cc: Yoruba Affairs <yoruba...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: USA Africa Dialogue Series - Three-Day Work Week

Those who collected the so-called subsidy are not faceless. The government knows them but is spineless to prosecute them. So, if you can't punish the few offenders why not unleash the punishment on the larger truly faceless citizens.

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin

Olayinka Oyegbile, PhD.
Mobile: 234-802-303-3511
Home: 234-8183600538

MAJOR AWARDS/FELLOWSHIPS

1) 2010 Journalist to Journalist/The Union Fellowship, Berlin,Germany

2) 2005 Knight Journalism Fellowship at Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, Georgia, USA.

3) 2003 World Health Organisation (WHO) Fellowship in Public Health
Journalism, Geneva, Switzerland

4) 2001 Steve Biko Memorial Scholars' Fellowship, Johannesburg, South Africa

--
Listserv moderated by Toyin Falola, University of Texas at Austin