Drax Protesters

sneezwort

Sep 3, 2006, 12:38:31 PM9/3/06
Drax Protesters

I went along to the Drax protests to photograph/film the event.

I arrived early.

The police searched us. I had everything in the car boot taken out, this included some diy tools. In fact I was arrested for having these tools, saying they were a weapon. This is because I went to film the event.

They even had some temp law in place to prevent photographs being taken.

I was taken in cuffs to the police station and was in the cells from around 6.30 to 12. Even my dog was locked up.

After being released I had to walk about 8 miles back to Drax where the car was.

By then ITV had turned up, so the police allowed filming.

I witnessed an old man (farmer) beaten up by the police, and he lay on the ground. I thought they had killed him.

Others were also attacked.

Some of the police abuse was caught on film by ITV and transmitted to TV.

Even if you do not support the protests, you should be shocked and sickened by the powers and abuse the police have.

We are more in danger of our own police force and government than any terrist.

We have had our freedom taken away. We now have no more rights than people did in USSR.

From what I watched 99.99% of the protesters were dippy hippies who even cycled to the event. These were no threat to anyone. Most they did was chalk love and peace on the road.

Before Thursday I had respect for the police and the Law. After Thursday (the event) I no longer consider the police the law, simply a force of power.

I am dismayed at what England has become.