Industrial parts reseller closing down

Robin Whitfield

Dec 12, 2020, 6:28:00 AM12/12/20
to York Hackspace

Hi all,

I thought you lot might be interested in this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/machinessales

I had a visit to this guy's industrial unit yesterday to collect a dust collector, and was informed that everything in the unit needs to be sold quite quickly (in the next few months) and he'd happily let stuff go for cheap as otherwise it'll just end up in a skip.
He's been collecting and reselling for a decade so as you can imagine there's a lot of stuff (especially smaller parts that are a hassle to sell on eBay).

I ended up with a few very nice low voltage SSRs, a cliff quicktest, heatshrink, and a selection of small pneumatic parts - all thrown in for free with my purchase.

His details are on the eBay shop if you might be interested in going and having a look. The unit's over in Pickhill so probably not very far to travel for most of you.

If you let him know I sent you then I might get a good deal when I inevitably visit again!

Cheers,
Robin

Bob Lewis

Dec 14, 2020, 6:14:10 AM12/14/20
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Robin Whitfield,

Where in Thirsk is this guy located please I wouldn't mind paying him a visit as I live not far from Thirsk.

Best regards, Bob Lewis.

Mob: +44 783 155 6000
Email: B...@webcognisant.com

mow...@yahoo.co.uk

Dec 14, 2020, 7:55:57 AM12/14/20
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

He's over in Pickhill, but if you go on the eBay seller page linked below then his contact information is under "Business Details".

Robin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "York Hackspace" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/york-hack-space/CAEyjAZFSpF6KPoT9o6ZjOjDWwhHWehYZsJ9fqrb%2BBqDr2PoFYA%40mail.gmail.com.

Bob Lewis

Dec 14, 2020, 11:48:01 AM12/14/20
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Pickhill is no problem at all from my house one left turn, one right turn. I can't see them explicitly labelled on Google Maps but there look to be only two places they could be, more or less on opposite sides of the road from each other so should find them no worries.

Best regards, Bob.