Purchase request: Materials for Big table and Shelves

Lissa

Apr 3, 2024, 7:54:36 AMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon,

I've done most of the design work for the big table and new member
storage

The big table will be 70cm high (sitting desk height), on four corner
legs, and will be 8'x4' (2440x1220). The surface for this is to be
decided, but can either be our standard interior varnish finish, or
something else if someone wants (and can find) something better, e.g.
cutting mat stuff.

The member storage should take 36x 35L really useful boxes on 6 shelves
(excluding the "long items" top shelf), and will fit under the cable
rack near the windows in R1, so it'll be about 2m tall. It's a very
similar design to the old "narrow" shelving but slightly adapted.

Bill of materials:
- Table: 1x 8x4 sheet MDF (18mm), 5x 2x3 2.4m CLS
- Shelving: 2x 8x4 sheet MDF (18mm) precut, 8x 2x3 2.4m CLS
- Sundries like screws, filler, varnish etc

The estimate for the table (as we already have the MDF and some CLS) is
£14.

The estimate for the shelving is about £100, £64 of which is the MDF.

Total initial purchase:
- 2x MDF sheets cut down in store to total 6x 2440x404 in store (£64)
- 12x lengths 2x3 CLS (£42)
- Whatever screws we need once I've had a dig around

I'd like to approve up to £150 to include any sundries we need (we tend
to keep a lot around) but we'll only spend what we reasonably have to.

Prices are B&Q for MDF as they do cutting and Wickes for CLS; that can
be had anywhere that we can find decent stock though.

Regards

Lissa

Nat Lasseter

Apr 3, 2024, 8:29:31 AMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
SGTM.

Thanks
--
Nat Lasseter

hovercr...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2024, 9:09:27 AMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
+1
Sent from my iPhone

Alyx Bruno-Bamford

Apr 3, 2024, 9:43:22 AMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
LGTM
Thanks,
Alyx

Lex Bailey

Apr 3, 2024, 11:15:50 AMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
thanks for doing this :)
very excited for these to be built
lgtm

Gavin Atkinson

Apr 3, 2024, 1:59:24 PMApr 3
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me. If we do need to pay for delivery would it make sense to also get the materials for an extra set of shelving at the same time, even if we don't build them? Given we have 35 members at the moment, space for 36 boxes might run out quite quickly.

Gavin

Alyx Bruno-Bamford

Apr 4, 2024, 2:22:00 PMApr 4
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Would it make sense to also get materials for a workbench in room 2 seeing as there are plans to make one?

Alyx

Lissa

Apr 4, 2024, 2:30:35 PMApr 4
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
If there is an actual design drawn up and materials list for the
workbench, sure - but I'm not aware of one yet, only the idea of
building one.

As for the second set of shelving, until we know where it will go, how
many shelves, how deep, etc (as that will affect the materials list),
I'd prefer to wait until there is already some storage up and nearly
fully allocated.

Only my opinion ofc, and it depends whether we can move it ourselves or
need delivery, and whether that costs us any.

Lissa
> [1].
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/york-hack-space/7B68F07A-A3F5-4D81-9B8C-6FE8A234365C%40gmail.com
> [2].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/york-hack-space/spD_WTGi5hOsxguYZppohEZFuZpjyJIvkXJsIqaBJ9M8mchiiWUF_BSM37OLUy8uo8Sw9DaoOxLXEPmBHva7-_VlsJiFEEAsfHWIWqaLEPo%3D%40lexbailey.me?utm_medium=email&amp;utm_source=footer
> [2]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/york-hack-space/7B68F07A-A3F5-4D81-9B8C-6FE8A234365C%40gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Lex Bailey

Apr 4, 2024, 2:40:25 PMApr 4
to York Hackspace
agreed, let's get materials for and build the things we already have planned, I'd prefer to have some things soon rather than all things later