Request to use drill + question re pyrography

Arianwen Lloyd

Feb 28, 2022, 7:20:51 AM2/28/22
to York Hackspace
Hi,

I was hoping to come to the open evening this Wednesday and wondered if I would be able to use the drill?  I don't have any experience so do you know if aynone would be able to give me pointers?

Also, I was given a pyrography tool for Christmas - would I be able to bring this along and try it out?

Many thanks,

Ari

Nat Lasseter

Mar 1, 2022, 5:50:58 AM3/1/22
to York Hackspace
Hi Ari

It would be great to meet you, do feel free to come along! There should be someone around to help you out.

The pyrography tool should be okay, but it's not something we've done or tried, so we'll have to monitor it just to make sure it's not going to set off the fire alarm. We solder in there all the time tough, so as long as it's not making too much more smoke than that I'm sure it will be fine.

Hope to see you then!

Nat

Arianwen Lloyd

Mar 1, 2022, 7:02:24 AM3/1/22
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
HI,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'll definitely keep an eye on the smoke - I've read that they are safe to use indoors so fingers crossed.

See you Wednesday :)

Arianwen Lloyd

Apr 5, 2022, 7:39:04 AM4/5/22
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd love to join the Hackspace if you are taking new members.  I have a few questions:

1) Is it £35.00 a month?
2) How long does it take to join/get access?
3) Is it 24/7 access?
4) Could I bring a friend along to open evenings?

Many thanks,

Nat Lasseter

Apr 5, 2022, 8:02:55 AM4/5/22
to York Hackspace
Hi Ari

That's great! The best way to get started is to drop an email to treasurer at york.hackspace.org.uk, and we'll get you sorted with all of the information.

We say that membership is nominally £30/month, but if there are any circumstances that mean that you aren't able to make that commitment, just let us know in the email and we're happy to be flexible.

Joining should be fairly quick, and we can get you sorted as soon as there's someone in the space to give you the run around on the alarm etc. Someone at the open evening tomorrow should be able to sort you out.

Once we have your key deposit, you will be able to get into the space any time you like, 24/7/365.

Everyone is welcome at open evenings, and as a member, you're free to bring supervised guests at any time.

All of the membership information is available at https://york.hackspace.org.uk/wiki/Membership.

I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thanks
Nat.

Arianwen Lloyd

Apr 8, 2022, 10:00:13 AM4/8/22
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nat,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the late reply.

I have Thursday off next week if anyone is able to give me the run around on the alarm etc. If not, I'll come along to the open evening on Wednesday.

Thanks for your help!

Ari