Purchase: microwave oven for new hackspace

Lex Bailey

Feb 24, 2024, 8:28:27 AMFeb 24
to York Hackspace
In the old space we have access to the microwave oven in the building's shared kitchen.

that microwave is small, only stays clean because a professional cleaner regularly visits, and (most importantly) can't come with us to the new space.

£200 will get us a microwave oven that is:
1. super easy to clean because there's no turntable (we all know how often hackspace things are cleaned)
2. has a large capacity that's good for reheating several items at once from a food delivery that took a little too long to arrive. (and will actually fit a Doner Summer takeaway box)
3. will be from a reputable and high quality brand (Panasonic) and I'd expect it to last many many years, probably at least a decade, before it fails

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4021573

approval to spend the money? yay or nay?

thanks,
Lex.

Lex Bailey

Feb 24, 2024, 9:43:32 AMFeb 24
to york-ha...@googlegroups.com
after a discussion in the discord:
never mind.
this specific purchase request is retracted 😆