[ANN] Yojimbo 4.5

Rich Siegel

Jun 24, 2020, 12:21:51 PM6/24/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
availability of Yojimbo 4.5. This is a free update for Yojimbo
4.x customers whose systems meet the minimum requirements (macOS
10.13.6 or later).

The update includes support for macOS Dark Mode (on 10.14.6 and
later), reworked syncing which uses iCloud, and changes to
address reported issues.

The change notes are available here:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/yojimbo/notes-4.5.html>

The update is available from our updates page; or you can choose
"Check for Update" from the Yojimbo menu.

<https://www.barebones.com/support/updates.html#yojimbo>

*** Please note that the system requirements for Yojimbo have
changed as of version 4.5, and macOS 10.13.6 is now the minimum
required OS version.

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Archibald Campbell

Aug 31, 2020, 2:00:57 PM8/31/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com

Dumb question of the day: I don’t suppose that the old way of synchronization is still possible in the new version of Yojimbo? In the “life is unfair” dept., I’ve been waiting years for Yojimbo to support iCloud synchronization, and just a couple of months before you delivered it, my employer disabled iCloud Drive on our work machines.

Though it’s an almost certain “no,” I thought I’d ask, and put myself out of my misery. Or confirm my misery, or something.

Thanks,

Archie
> --
> This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.

Rich Siegel

Aug 31, 2020, 2:03:14 PM8/31/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On 31 Aug 2020, at 14:00, Archibald Campbell wrote:

> Dumb question of the day: I don’t suppose that the old way of
> synchronization is still possible in the new version of Yojimbo?

It is not; the old sync service is being discontinued. (We sent email to
this effect to active sync customers back when 4.5 was released; so you
may find it useful to check your spam trap.)

R.

Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

Archibald Campbell

Aug 31, 2020, 3:28:49 PM8/31/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, Rich. I’ll check for that email.

Archie