[ANN] Yojimbo 4.6 (451001) pre-release

Rich Siegel

Nov 4, 2020, 1:41:47 PM11/4/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon folks,

We're currently working on an update to Yojimbo, which includes a
visible changes, as well as fixes for previously reported issues.

Testing is currently underway, and we have a stable pre-release version
ready for use.

Note that this is a _pre-release_ version. The intent is to fix bugs and
address areas of improvement based on what our customers have reported.
However, since the software is at this point not fully tested, there
_may_ be bugs and regressions.

If this prospect makes you nervous, then sticking with the public
release versions is your best course of action. Nobody will be offended
if you choose to do so; you're under no obligation to install and use
anything but a public release. :-)

Complete change notes to date for all the pre-release builds in this
cycle are available here:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/4.6_Notes.txt>

The change notes are organized into additions, changes, and fixes, and
are annotated where appropriate with case numbers. So if you recognize a
number corresponding to a support case that was opened for you, you can
now verify that it's been fixed correctly. Please take the time to
review the changes before using the new build -- it'll be worth your
time.

One final note: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version, PLEASE
DO NOT REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking about whether
others have seen the same problem. Instead, please send a bug report to
<sup...@barebones.com> and we will deal with it there. This will help
us keep the list discussion on topic and productive for all list
members.

version 4.6 (451001) (2020-11-04)

Additions
---------

+ Yojimbo runs natively on Apple Silicon.

Changes
-------

* [DOC] The "Downloads" window makes a triumphant return to the
Window menu.

Fixes
-----

* [404517] Hide the "Change Preferences" button in the software
update window if the application doesn't actually provide
software update preferences.

* [396865, 404114] Fixed cosmetic issue when drawing text in the
item list when a label is applied and the OS is in Dark Mode.

* PDF archives of web pages are now always created asynchronously,
so as not to stall the UI. This change also fixes a bug in which
the application would hang when asked to archive a web page by an
external source such as an AppleScript or bookmarklet.

* When creating a PDF from a web address, if the downloaded data
is "raw" PDF data, Yojimbo will create a PDF archive directly
from the downloaded data, rather than trying to snapshot it as
though it were a web page.

* [394251] Restored bookmarklet installation to working order, mainly by
making
the "Bookmarklets" command on the Help menu open a [page on our web
site](https://www.barebones.com/support/yojimbo/InstallBookmarklets.html)
which provides appropriate information and instructions.

* [396312, probably 404159] Changed a default behavior so that
Yojimbo no longer attempts to force a light appearance based on
the note's text or background colors when displaying or editing
notes in Dark Mode.

*fin*

Reminder: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version, PLEASE DO NOT
REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking about whether others
have seen the same problem. Instead, please send a bug report to
<sup...@barebones.com> and we will deal with it there. This will help
us keep the list discussion on topic and productive for all list
members.

The package can be downloaded from our web server:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/Yojimbo-4.6_451001.dmg>

Enjoy,

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.