resizing images?

Jeff Hedberg

Apr 6, 2020, 9:42:24 PM4/6/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Is there a way to resize images in Yojimo when you are working in a 'Note'?
I found the 'markdown' action in Yojimbo, but can't seem to figure out a way to resize the way the markdown in Preview will let me resize.

I find myself writing 'manuals' to myself, and would like to have a semi-consistent size to my screengrabs.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks,
Jeff

--
Jeff Hedberg
evilb...@gmail.com

Nick Walsh (Pendozer)

Apr 6, 2020, 9:46:56 PM4/6/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
It's a feature I've long desired.  But I just use snagit and then size to the pre-defined size I want before saving the graphic.  I'm just happy YJ finally moved to dark mode.

The only bug I found so far is when you are entering the title of your note, the dark them won't let you see what you are typing.  You don't know if you made a typo until you've saved it.

Nick.

--
This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.
---

signature.asc

MDavison

Apr 7, 2020, 8:55:40 AM4/7/20
to Yojimbo Talk
I haven't risked trialling the new version. I note it offers dark mode. Please can you ensure that this can be switched off in the preferences. This is a usability problem for many people who are older and have sight issues. I am even surprised that large software house are using it at all. I have a computer in a conservatory and bright light makes reading dark mode nearly impossible.

Rich Siegel

Apr 7, 2020, 8:59:25 AM4/7/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On 4/7/20 at 5:01 AM, in...@writingfortheweb.co.uk (MDavison) wrote:

> I haven't risked trialling the new version. I note it offers dark mode.
> Please can you ensure that this can be switched off in the preferences.

Dark Mode is an OS-wide setting and is completely under your control.

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.

Jeff Hedberg

Apr 7, 2020, 1:05:00 PM4/7/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
I appreciate the talk about new version. But want to make sure the idea of resizing isn't lost in the thread.
Seems like resizing in Yojimbo is not possible? Or bouncing the image out to a separate editor to resize in there?
Is that accurate?

Thanks,
Jeff Hedberg

--
This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.
---

Jeff Hedberg
evilb...@gmail.com

Rich Siegel

Apr 7, 2020, 1:12:06 PM4/7/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On 4/7/20 at 1:02 PM, evilb...@gmail.com (Jeff Hedberg) wrote:

>I appreciate the talk about new version. But want to make sure the idea of
>resizing isn't lost in the thread.
>Seems like resizing in Yojimbo is not possible? Or bouncing the image out
>to a separate editor to resize in there?
>Is that accurate?

That's correct; there are no image editing facilities provided.
So your best bet is to manipulate the image as needed before
importing it.

Nick Walsh (Pendozer)

Apr 7, 2020, 5:14:33 PM4/7/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Reading in dark mode should have exactly the opposite result!  In bright light, dark mode makes it way easier to see the screen because it is light text on a dark background.

--
This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.
---
signature.asc

Jeff Hedberg

Apr 7, 2020, 10:01:56 PM4/7/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for clarification Rich.
Take care,
Jeff Hedberg

--
This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.
---

Jeff Hedberg
evilb...@gmail.com

Jeff Hedberg

Apr 9, 2020, 8:23:35 PM4/9/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the snagit recommendation. That looks even better for marking up my images. Cheers.
Jeff H

--
Jeff Hedberg
evilb...@gmail.com

Nick Walsh

Apr 10, 2020, 8:59:29 AM4/10/20
to Yojimbo Talk
Jing is the free version of Snagit.  Works very well with PC and Mac.