[ANN] Yojimbo 4.6.3 (451027) pre-release

Rich Siegel

Dec 14, 2022, 5:28:49 PM12/14/22
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
We're currently working on a maintenance update to Yojimbo 4.6 to address a few recently reported issues.

Note that this is a _pre-release_ version. The intent is to fix bugs and address areas of improvement based on what our customers have reported. However, since the software is at this point not fully tested, there _may_ be bugs and regressions.

If this prospect makes you nervous, then sticking with the public release versions is your best course of action. Nobody will be offended if you choose to do so; you're under no obligation to install and use anything but a public release. :-)

Complete change notes to date for all the pre-release builds in this cycle are available here:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/4.6.3_Notes.txt>

The change notes are organized into additions, changes, and fixes, and are annotated where appropriate with case numbers. So if you recognize a number corresponding to a support case that was opened for you, you can now verify that it's been fixed correctly. Please take the time to review the changes before using the new build -- it'll be worth your time.

One final note: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version, PLEASE DO NOT REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking about whether others have seen the same problem. Instead, please send a bug report to <sup...@barebones.com> and we will deal with it there. This will help us keep the list discussion on topic and productive for all list members.

Here is the list of changes made since the Yojimbo 4.6.2 public release:

version 4.6.3 (451027) (2022-12-14)

Additions
---------

o (none in this build)

Changes
-------

o Updated the application icon for a more conformant appearance on
macOS 11.0 and later.

Fixes
-----

* Made a change so that Yojimbo notifies you if errors occur
during syncing; and if syncing was turned on but your iCloud
account is unavailable, the notification will so indicate.

* Fixed bug which would interfere with iPad syncing under certain
network conditions.

* [454307] Fixed crash which would occur after having activated
the "Sync" preferences pane, and then switching away from it
before the data size calculation was complete (which could happen
for very large data stores).

*fin*

The package can be downloaded from our web server:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/Yojimbo-4.6.3_451027.dmg>

Enjoy,

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.