[ANN] Yojimbo 4.5 (450609) pre-release

Rich Siegel

Apr 13, 2020, 4:33:53 PM4/13/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon folks,

We're currently working on a feature update to Yojimbo, which
includes a number of new features, as well as fixes for
previously reported issues.

Testing is currently underway, and we have a stable pre-release
version ready for use.

Note that this is a _pre-release_ version. The intent is to fix
bugs and address areas of improvement based on what our
customers have reported. However, since the software is at this
point not fully tested, there _may_ be bugs and regressions.

If this prospect makes you nervous, then sticking with the
public release versions is your best course of action. Nobody
will be offended if you choose to do so; you're under no
obligation to install and use anything but a public release. :-)

Complete change notes to date for all the pre-release builds in
this cycle are available here:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/4.5_Notes.txt>

The change notes are organized into additions, changes, and
fixes, and are annotated where appropriate with case numbers. So
if you recognize a number corresponding to a support case that
was opened for you, you can now verify that it's been fixed
correctly. Please take the time to review the changes before
using the new build -- it'll be worth your time.

One final note: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version,
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking
about whether others have seen the same problem. Instead, please
send a bug report to <sup...@barebones.com> and we will deal
with it there. This will help us keep the list discussion on
topic and productive for all list members.

Here is a summary of the changes since the previous pre-release build:

version 4.5 (450609) (2020-04-13)

* Yojimbo 4.5 requires macOS 10.13.6 or later.

Additions
---------

o (none in this version)

Changes
-------

* [DOC] The label under the search box in the main window's tool
bar will now indicate whether specific properties are being
searched. This should help reduce confusion when you've selected
something other than "All" from the search box's menu and
subsequently forgotten having done so.

* [DOC] The former "New Web Archive" nomenclature is now "New PDF
from Web Page", which reflects the change in behavior.

Fixes
-----

* [NFR] Fixed a regression in which pre-release versions of
Yojimbo would not check the pre-release version of the update
feed.

* [NFR] [387031] Fixed regression in which the completion panel
for the search box in the main window would appear at the lower
left corner of the window itself, rather than adjacent to the
search box.

* [NFR] Fixed a bug in which the PDF service auto-install would
fail when an existing "Save PDF to Yojimbo..." alias
pointed to an
application which no longer existed.

*fin*

Reminder: If you run into a bug in a pre-release version, PLEASE
DO NOT REPORT THE BUG TO THE LIST. This includes asking about
whether others have seen the same problem. Instead, please send
a bug report to <sup...@barebones.com> and we will deal with it
there. This will help us keep the list discussion on topic and
productive for all list members.

The package can be downloaded from our web server:

<https://s3.amazonaws.com/BBSW-download/Yojimbo-4.5_450609.dmg>

Enjoy,

R.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.

Nick Walsh (Pendozer)

Apr 13, 2020, 6:11:12 PM4/13/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Really really appreciate your efforts on this, Rich!
I'm loving the changes and improvements.

Nick.
> --
> This is the Yojimbo Talk public discussion group. If you have a feature request or need technical support, please email "sup...@barebones.com" rather than posting here.

signature.asc

Nick Walsh (Pendozer)

Apr 13, 2020, 6:16:22 PM4/13/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rich,
I think I had hoped would be fixed with this release is the text color when creating a new note.  As you can see in the gaphic, you cannot see what you are typing until you actually hit enter. Then, if you have made a typo, you can go back in and fix it.  But black text on a dark background is just not doable.

On Apr 13, 2020, at 1:33 PM, Rich Siegel <sie...@barebones.com> wrote:

signature.asc

Rich Siegel

Apr 13, 2020, 6:16:59 PM4/13/20
to yojimb...@googlegroups.com
On 4/13/20 at 6:14 PM, rang...@gmail.com (Nick Walsh
(Pendozer)) wrote:

>I think I had hoped would be fixed with this release is the
>text color when creating a new note. As you can see in the
>gaphic, you cannot see what you are typing until you actually
>hit enter. Then, if you have made a typo, you can go back in
>and fix it. But black text on a dark background is just not doable.

As specified in the cover note with each release, please do not
report bugs to the list. A report to tech support will be appreciated.

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>