[ANN] Yojimbo 4.5.1

Rich Siegel

Aug 28, 2020, 10:23:39 AM8/28/20
to Yojimbo Talk
Good morning all,

We're please to announce the release and immediate availability of Yojimbo 4.5.1.

This update addresses the following reported issues in the Yojimbo 4.5 release:

* Fixed cases in which the application created a legacy Web
Archive item when it should instead have created a PDF snapshot.

* The "Downloads" window (and associated menu command) have been
retired as surplus to requirements. (PDF archives from web pages
are created immediately.)

* Made changes to improve the reliability of PDF archives created
from web pages when the page's content load depends on JavaScript
running when the page is loaded.

* Fixed a case in which the desktop application would crash during
iPad sync when an item being synced had a pathologically long
name (such as might happen when pasting the entire contents of a
note into the Name field).

* When generating the item name while creating a PDF from a web
page, Yojimbo will now strip extraneous line breaks and spaces
from the beginning and end of the page's title; and will convert
any line breaks within the title to spaces.

* Fixed bug in which user-supplied metadata from the Quick Input
panel wasn't stored when creating a PDF from a web page.

You can obtain Yojimbo 4.5.1 by choosing "Check for Updates" from the Yojimbo menu in version 4.0 and later; or by downloading and installing from the Yojimbo updates page:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/yojimbo/updates.html>

If you are using Yojimbo 3.0.4 or later, you can upgrade to Yojimbo 4.0 for a discounted price; information and instructions are available here: <https://www.barebones.com/store/yojimbo_upgrades.html>.

--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <https://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they sedate me.