Volunteer for The Home Grown Festival!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Aug 24, 2012, 9:55:56 AM8/24/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi All!

It's time to sign up for our annual volunteer project at The Home Grown Festival!  We will be selling tickets & checking IDs in the beverage tent once again this year.  We need a handful of people, and I need to know soon how many can help, so if you're interested and available take a look at the details below and email me ASAP to sign up.  This is always a fun event, so I hope you can join us!

Thanks,

Christy

Home Grown Festival
Kerrytown Farmers Market
Saturday, Sept. 8
Beverage Tent Volunteer Shift 5-8pm

Email cdeb...@hotmail.com if you can help!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Aug 30, 2012, 10:47:46 AM8/30/12
to Yoga Serves

We have two projects coming up next week that need more volunteers!  Take a look at the details below and get in touch with the contact person to sign up!

Thanks,

Christy

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
Thursday, Sept. 6, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is next week!  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Home Grown Festival
Kerrytown Farmers Market
Saturday, Sept. 8, 5-8pm

We will be selling tickets & checking IDs in the Beverage Tent again this year.  This festival is always a fun time!  Come out and support local!

Contact Christy DeBurton at cdeb...@hotmail.com if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Dec 3, 2012, 10:05:09 AM12/3/12
to Yoga Serves
We have two projects coming up this week that need YOUR help!  Please take a look at the details below and get in touch with the contact person if you can help.

Peace,

Christy

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, Dec 6, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is this week.  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Food Gatherers 'Rockin' For The Hungry' Donation Drive
Maple Rd. Kroger, Ann Arbor
Saturday, Dec 8, 1:15-3pm AND 2:45-4:30pm
(Help out with one or both shifts!)

We will be 'freezin' for a reason' again this year as Yoga Serves members help collect food and monetary donations during Food Gatherers largest donation drive of the year.  We need volunteers for two Saturday shifts this year, so bundle up and come help out!

Contact Maggie Phillips at mphil...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Dec 6, 2012, 11:12:22 AM12/6/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi Everyone,

We still need 6 more volunteers to help out with Rockin' For The Hungry this Saturday.  Please take a look at the shift times below and email Maggie soon if you can help!

Peace,

Christy

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Dec 21, 2012, 12:56:34 PM12/21/12
to Yoga Serves
We have two projects coming up in the first week of 2013 that need YOUR help!  Start the New Year out on a positive note by doing good for others--serving dinner at the Delonis Center and volunteering for 826 Michigan.  Please take a look at the details below and get in touch with the contact person if you can help!

Peace,

Christy

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, Jan 3, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is coming up.  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY DEC 28 if you can help out.

826 Michigan Volunteer Project
Ypsilanti Middle School
105 N Mansfield St, Ypsi
Friday, Jan 4, 8am-2pm
(Come anytime between 8am-2pm and help out for as long as you can!)

We need volunteers to help 826 Michigan set up a newly designated tutoring room in Ypsilanti Middle School.  Help is needed to clean, re-arrange furniture and decorate the new space to make it a special zone for learning and creative writing.  Come anytime between 8am-2pm and help out for as long as you can!

Contact Frances Martin at fra...@826michigan.org to sign up.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Dec 27, 2012, 12:26:34 PM12/27/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi All,

We need one more volunteer to serve dinner for our monthly shift at the Delonis Center next Thursday, Jan 3!  Please contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY TOMORROW, FRIDAY, DEC 28 if you can help out.

Thanks!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jan 2, 2013, 4:36:24 PM1/2/13
to Yoga Serves
Can you spare a couple hours this Friday for a good cause?  We need volunteers to help 826 Michigan set up a newly designated tutoring room in Ypsilanti Middle School.  Help is needed to clean, rearrange furniture and decorate the new space to make it a special zone for learning and creative writing.  Come anytime between 8am-2pm and help out for as long as you can!

826 Michigan Volunteer Project
Ypsilanti Middle School
105 N Mansfield St, Ypsi
Friday, Jan 4, 8am-2pm

Contact Frances Martin at fra...@826michigan.org to sign up.   http://www.826michigan.org/

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Apr 1, 2013, 11:31:44 AM4/1/13
to Yoga Serves
Thanks to all 17 people who recently attended our spring potluck!  We had a good brainstorming session, so you will hopefully be seeing news of several interesting projects coming up this spring and summer.

We have two projects coming up this month.  Delonis Center is this Thursday and, because of Spring Break, we are a little short of help.  If you are free, please see the details below and contact Anne today!

Peace,

Christy

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, April 4, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is this week.  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out this Thursday.

Annual Earth Day Project
Sunday, April 21
Time & Location TBD

As the ground continues to thaw and the weather continues to warm up we will be assessing the needs of our local parks and choosing one to spruce up for Earth Day.

Contact Christy DeBurton at cdeb...@hotmail.com for further details if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Apr 26, 2013, 4:32:43 PM4/26/13
to Yoga Serves
Thanks to the 10 hardy Yoga Serves volunteers who came out to plant native fruit trees and do some general clean-up at Virginia Park for Earth Day last Sunday.  It was a great turnout, and we got a lot accomplished!

Our next project, serving dinner to the less fortunate at the Delonis Center, is on Thursday, May 2.  Please see the details below and contact Anne if you can help out.

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, May 2, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is this week.  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net by Monday, April 29 if you can help out.

2013-04-21 11.27.28.jpg

Christy DeBurton Yoga

May 29, 2013, 2:01:06 PM5/29/13
to Yoga Serves
Thanks to all the Yoga Serves volunteers who came out to help at the Earth Day tree planting in April, the Onion Planting in May and our monthly dinner service at the Delonis Center!  We have two projects coming up in June that need your help.  Please email the contact person for more information and to sign up.

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, June 6, 5-7:30pm

Our first Thursday of the month volunteer shift at the Delonis Center is this coming week.  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net by next Monday if you can help out.

Pine Lake Cooperative Gardening Project
2680 Adrienne Dr., Ann Arbor
Saturday, June 29, 11am-12:30pm

Join us at Pine Lake Cooperative, a low-income housing development on Ann Arbor's west side, to spruce up the neighborhood!  We will spend some time working in the flower beds around the property, weeding, planting and mulching.  Do something nice for others while spending some time outdoors, enjoying the sunshine and getting your hands dirty!  Bring your own gardening gloves; tools will be provided.

Contact Maggie Phillips at mphil...@comcast.net to sign up.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jun 18, 2013, 12:54:11 PM6/18/13
We have two service projects coming up soon that need a few more volunteers.  Please take a look at the details below and email the contact person to sign up.

Pine Lake Cooperative Gardening Project
2680 Adrienne Dr., Ann Arbor
Saturday, June 29, 11am-12:30pm

Join us at Pine Lake Cooperative, a low-income housing development on Ann Arbor's west side, to spruce up the neighborhood!  We will spend some time working in the flower beds around the property, weeding, planting and mulching.  Do something nice for others while spending some time outdoors, enjoying the sunshine and getting your hands dirty!  Bring your own gardening gloves; tools will be provided.

Contact Maggie Phillips at mphil...@comcast.net to sign up.

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
**4TH OF JULY SERVICE - SPECIAL TIME**
Thursday, July 4, 2:30-5pm

Can you spare a few hours on your holiday for a good cause?  The Community Kitchen at the Delonis Center struggles to get enough volunteers on the holidays and needs our help to staff the 4th of July meal service.  Come and show your patriotism by serving fellow Americans less fortunate than you.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY JUNE 23 if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jul 28, 2013, 1:35:48 PM7/28/13
Hi Everyone!

Our monthly Delonis Center service opportunity is coming up next week, and it's also time to sign up for our annual shift at the Home Grown Festival!  Take a look at the details below and please email the contact person if you can help out!

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursdays, August 1 & September 5, 5-7:30pm

Yoga Serves has been volunteering at the Delonis Center every month for the past 4 years! On the first Thursday of each month, a group of Yoga Serves members meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving, and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY MON, JULY 29 if you can help out for this coming Thursday's shift.

Home Grown Festival
Ann Arbor Farmer's Market, Kerrytown
Saturday, Sept 7, 5-8pm

This year's Home Grown Festival is going to be bigger and more beautiful than ever, with more wonderful chefs cooking from the great Michigan foodshed; live local music; awesome Michigan beer, wine, mead, hard cider and more!  As a group, Yoga Serves members will help out at the festival's ticket sales tables for the 5th year in a row.  Join us for an evening of fast-paced fun!

Contact Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com to sign up!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Aug 25, 2013, 12:45:10 PM8/25/13
to Yoga Serves
Hi Everyone!

Our September Delonis Center and Home Grown Festivali volunteer opportunities are coming up very soon, and we need a few more volunteers for each.  Take a look at the details below and please email the contact person by the end of this week if you can help!

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, September 5, 5-7:30pm

[...]

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Nov 2, 2013, 1:33:57 PM11/2/13
Hi Everyone!

Our monthly Delonis Center service opportunity is coming up next week and we need a couple more volunteers.  Take a look at the details below and please email Anne if you can help out!

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, November 7, 5-7pm

Yoga Serves has been volunteering at the Delonis Center every month for the past 4 years! On the first Thursday of each month, a group of Yoga Serves members meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving, and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY MON, NOV 3 if you can help.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Feb 26, 2014, 9:20:14 AM2/26/14
Hi Everyone,

Our monthly Delonis Center service opportunity is coming up next week. Take a look at the details below and please email Anne if you can help out!

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, March 6, 5-7:30pm

Yoga Serves has been volunteering at the Delonis Center every month for the past 6 years! On the first Thursday of each month, a group of Yoga Serves members meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving, and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net BY MON, MARCH 3 if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Mar 27, 2014, 3:13:21 PM3/27/14
Hi Yoga Serves Volunteers,

Next Thursday is our monthly Delonis Center service project. If you are free, please see the details below and contact Anne by next Monday, 3/31 to help out.

And, assuming the ground will eventually thaw out and the weather will warm up someday, we will be assessing the needs of our local parks and choosing one to spruce up for Earth Day.  More details to come!

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter, Ann Arbor
Thursday, April 3, 5-7:30pm

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net to sign up.