Upcoming Yoga Serves Projects!

1 view

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Feb 1, 2012, 11:54:25 AM2/1/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi Volunteers,

It was great to see some of you at the potluck this past Sunday!  We've got a lot of projects coming up this February through May, so please take a look at the list below and sign up where you can!  Also, we recently lost the coordinator for our monthly volunteer project of serving dinner for the homeless at The Delonis Center.  This was such an important project to Yoga Serves that we are really hoping someone will step up to take it over!  Please see the information about it below and contact Shannon for more details if you're interested.

Peace,

Christy

New Coordinator Needed!
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
We lost our coordinator and need someone to step up to help keep our monthly volunteer project of serving dinner for the homeless at the Delonis Center going! It's very simple: You just send out a reminder email each month to those interested and confirm those who can make it. Then you show up and serve! We have been serving dinner on the 1st Thursday of each month, but if you are willing to take over this project, you can coordinate it for whatever day/time works best for your schedule!

Contact Shannon Walter at swalt...@hotmail.com if you are interested in coordinating this monthly project.

Friday, February 24, 1-4pm
Food Gatherers Warehouse
Yoga Serves members will help out at the warehouse doing various tasks such as sorting cans, restocking the pantry, shelving products, salvaging products, repackaging bulk foods, packing food boxes, cleaning out coolers, and sorting produce.

Contact Lisa Barley at lbar...@gmail.com for more information and to sign up.

Monday, March 26, 5-8pm
Gallery Project
In our ongoing effort to support the arts in Ann Arbor, Yoga Serves members will help Gallery Project--a non-profit organization at 215 S. 4th Avenue that hosts gallery shows by local artists--by doing some light cleaning and painting the baseboards in the gallery.

Contact Laurie Blakeney at ljbla...@sbcglobal.net for more information and to sign up.

Late April Date TBD
Annual Earth Day Project
Join us to celebrate Earth Day by helping spruce up the trails in one of Ann Arbor's local parks TBD!

Contact Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com for more information and to sign up.

May Date TBD
The Education Project Book Packing & Distribution The Education Project works to ensure Washtenaw County students in homeless and temporary living situations enroll, regularly attend and succeed in school. Every spring, before the end of the school year, they have a book collection to encourage summer reading. Yoga Serves members will help sort and pack up the books for distribution to the students.

Contact Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com for more information and to sign up.

Check the web site frequently for project updates!  http://www.yogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.htm

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Mar 15, 2012, 12:15:35 PM3/15/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi Yoga Serves Members!

We've got a variety of projects that need your help this spring--for the arts, the homeless and the environment.  Please take a look at the list below and sign up where you can!  We hope to see you soon!

Peace,

Christy

Monday, March 26, 5-8pm
Gallery Project
In our ongoing effort to support the arts in Ann Arbor, Yoga Serves members will help Gallery Project--a non-profit organization at 215 S. 4th Avenue that hosts gallery shows by local artists--by doing some light cleaning and painting the baseboards in the gallery.

Contact Laurie Blakeney at ljbla...@sbcglobal.net for more information and to sign up.

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
Thursdays, April 5, May 3 & June 7, 5-7:30pm
We've got a new coordinator, so our work at the Delonis Center will go on!  Join Yoga Serves members on the 1st Thursday of each month to serve dinner for the homeless.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anne_ra...@yahoo.com if you are interested in coordinating this monthly project.

Sunday, April 22, 10am-12pm
Annual Earth Day Project
Join us to celebrate Earth Day by helping spruce up the trails in one of Ann Arbor's local parks. Help us make our decision--if you know of a park that could use our help, let us know!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Apr 2, 2012, 10:35:44 AM4/2/12
to Yoga Serves

Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
Thursdays, April 5, 5-7:30pm

We've got a new coordinator, so our work at the Delonis Center continues!  We need a handful of Yoga Serves members to help serve dinner this Thursday, April 5 (as well as upcoming 1st Thursdays of each month!).  If you can spend a couple hours helping this good cause, please contact Anne Ramsey at anne_ra...@yahoo.com ASAP.

Have a great week!

Christy

Christy DeBurton Yoga

May 15, 2012, 3:09:14 PM5/15/12
to Yoga Serves

Hi Volunteers,

We have a couple projects and a potluck coming up in the next few weeks.  Please take a look at the information below and let us know if you can help out!

Hope to see you soon!

Peace,

Christy

Wednesday, May 30, 1-3pm

The Education Project Book Packing & Distribution
The Education Project works to ensure Washtenaw County students in homeless and temporary living situations enroll, regularly attend and succeed in school. Every spring, before the end of the school year, they have a book collection to encourage summer reading. Yoga Serves members will help sort and pack up the books for distribution to the students.

Contact Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com for more information and to sign up.

Thursdays, June 7, July 5 & August 2
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

We are re-grouping for our 1st Thursday of the month project at the Delonis Center now that we have a new coordinator, and we need more volunteers!  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Sunday, June 10, 5-7pm
Yoga Serves Spring Potluck

West Park, Ann Arbor (Rain Location: Ann Arbor School of Yoga)

Bring a vegetarian dish to pass, and come ready to make new friends and sign up for a variety of community service projects throughout the coming months.  We serve the hungry, the homeless, the environment, the elderly and other good causes that need our help.

RSVP to Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com by Friday, June 8 if you can make it!

Check back often on the web site for new project that need your help! http://theyogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php

Christy DeBurton Yoga

May 30, 2012, 10:35:50 AM5/30/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi Yoga Serves Volunteers,

We've had a few last-minute cancellations for our project this afternoon.  If you have the time and can help out for a couple hours we'd greatly appreciate it!  See the details below and email me if you can make it.

Wednesday, May 30, 1-3pm
The Education Project Book Packing & Distribution
Washtenaw Intermediate School District
1819 S. Wagner Road, Ann Arbor
Seminar 4

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jun 11, 2012, 3:23:06 PM6/11/12
Hi Volunteers,

Thanks to those of you who made it to the potluck this past Sunday!  We have a few projects coming up this summer--take a look at the information below and let us know if you can help out!

Hope to see you soon,

Christy

Thursday, June 28, 1-3pm
Food Gatherers Warehouse

Yoga Serves members will help out at the warehouse doing various tasks such as sorting cans, restocking the pantry, shelving products, salvaging products, repackaging bulk foods, packing food boxes, cleaning out coolers, and sorting produce.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Thursdays, July 5 & August 2, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

We are re-grouping for our 1st Thursday of the month project at the Delonis Center now that we have a new coordinator, and we need more volunteers!  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Saturday, July 14, 9am-12noon
Furstenberg Native Garden Workday

Help us weed and preserve this native garden amidst the 38 acres of Furstenberg Nature Area, featuring some of the most diverse flora anywhere in Ann Arbor.  Plus, you're certain to learn a lot about native plants from Park Steward and Master Gardener Aunita Erskine!

Contact Maggie Phillips at mphil...@comcast.net for more information and to help out.

Check back often on the web site for new projects that need your help! http://theyogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jun 22, 2012, 10:51:33 AM6/22/12
to Yoga Serves
Thursday, June 28, 1-3pm
Food Gatherers Warehouse

This project is coming up in less than a week and we need volunteers!  Yoga Serves members will help out at the warehouse doing various tasks such as sorting cans, restocking the pantry, shelving products, salvaging products, repackaging bulk foods, packing food boxes, cleaning out coolers, and sorting produce.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

And, click http://www.theyogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php for more upcoming projects that need your help!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jul 1, 2012, 10:24:11 AM7/1/12
to Yoga Serves
Please take a look at these upcoming projects and help out if you can!

Thursdays, July 5, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

We need one more volunteer for our work at the Delonis Center this Thursday!  Please let Anne know ASAP if you can help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the dinner served that night.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Saturday, July 14, 9am-12noon
Furstenberg Native Garden Workday

Help us weed and preserve this native garden amidst the 38 acres of Furstenberg Nature Area, featuring some of the most diverse flora anywhere in Ann Arbor.  Plus, you're certain to learn a lot about native plants from Park Steward and Master Gardener Aunita Erskine!

Contact Maggie Phillips at mphil...@comcast.net for more information and to help out.

Check back often on the web site for new projects that need your help! http://yogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jul 9, 2012, 9:16:57 AM7/9/12
to Yoga Serves

Hi Volunteers,

We need a couple more people to help out at Furstenberg Native Garden this coming Saturday morning--take a look at the details below and contact Maggie if you can help out!

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Jul 27, 2012, 2:51:55 PM7/27/12
to Yoga Serves

Hi Volunteers,

Thanks to those of you who helped out recently at the Furstenburg Native Garden Workday!  Our monthly Delonis Center Homeless Shelter project is coming up next week--take a look at the information below and contact Anne if you can help out!

Peace,

Christy

Thursday, August 2, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

We are re-grouping for our 1st Thursday of the month project at the Delonis Center now that we have a new coordinator, and we need more volunteers!  We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Sep 24, 2012, 2:54:06 PM9/24/12
to Yoga Serves

Hi Yoga Serves Volunteers,

We had a great turnout of volunteers for the annual Home Grown Festival in early September--and thank goodness we did!  The festival was bigger and better than ever, with the largest crowds to date!  Thanks to Catherine, Bill, Colette, Rachel, Anne, Christina and Joanne for your help--it was a busy but fun evening!

Please join us in October for our monthly service project at the Delonis Center and our fall potluck, where will plan our service projects for the next few months!  Take a look at the information below and RSVP if you can join us.

Peace,

Christy

Thursday, October 4, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
312 W. Huron, Ann Arbor

Join us on October 4 and the 1st Thursday of every month to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Sunday, October 21, 5-7pm
Yoga Serves Fall Potluck

Ann Arbor School of Yoga
420 W. Huron, Ann Arbor

All those who are interested in serving are welcome to attend, yogis and non-yogis alike!  Bring a vegetarian dish to pass, and come ready to make new friends and sign up for a variety of community service projects throughout the coming months.  We serve the hungry, the homeless, the environment, the elderly and other good causes that need our help.

RSVP to Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com by Saturday, October 20 if you can make it!

Yoga Serves Home Grown Festival.jpg

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Oct 15, 2012, 10:40:07 AM10/15/12

Just a reminder to please join us for our fall potluck, where will plan our service projects for the next few months.  Take a look at the information below and RSVP if you'd like to attend!

Sunday, October 21, 5-7pm
Yoga Serves Fall Potluck

Ann Arbor School of Yoga
420 W. Huron, Ann Arbor

All those who are interested in serving are welcome to attend!  Bring a vegetarian dish to pass, and come ready to make new friends and sign up for a variety of community service projects throughout the coming months.  We serve the hungry, the homeless, the environment, the elderly and other good causes that need our help.
yoga serves potluck.JPG

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Oct 23, 2012, 12:22:04 PM10/23/12
to Yoga Serves
Hi Volunteers,

Thanks to those of you who made it to the potluck this past Sunday!  We have a few projects coming up very soon--take a look at the information below and let us know if you can help out!

Peace,

Christy

Saturday, Oct 27, 12-3pm
100 Houses: Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries

Yoga Serves branches out to the Detroit area to help board up over 100 of the most blighted houses in the vicinity of Cody High School.  More details can be found here: http://www.drmm.org/

Contact Billie Wahlen at starb...@gmail.com for carpooling information and to sign up.

Thursday, Nov 1, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

Please join us this and every 1st Thursday of the month at the Delonis Center in downtown Ann Arbor where we will help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served every night to those in need.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Friday, Nov 9, 1-3:30pm
Food Gatherers Warehouse

Yoga Serves members will help out at the warehouse doing various tasks such as sorting cans, restocking the pantry, shelving products, salvaging products, repackaging bulk foods, packing food boxes, cleaning out coolers, and sorting produce.

Contact Lisa Barley at lbar...@gmail.com if you can help out.

And be on the lookout for more details on the following upcoming projects: An 826 Michigan project at Ypsilanti Middle School and the Rockin' For the Hungry Annual Good and Donation Drive.  Check back often on the web site for these and more projects that need your help! http://theyogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Dec 19, 2012, 3:13:54 PM12/19/12
to Yoga Serves
Seasons Greetings!

Thanks to those of you who came out to help with Food Gatherer's Rockin' For The Hungry Donation Drive a couple weeks ago!

Our monthly Delonis Center Homeless Shelter shift is coming up on January 3 and, because of the holidays, they need to know how many volunteers we will have by Dec 28.  Please take a look at the information below and contact Anne as soon as possible if you can help out!

Peace,

Christy

Thursday, January 3, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter

We will meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served to the less fortunate.

Contact Anne Ramsey by Dec 28 at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out.

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Feb 28, 2013, 4:05:58 PM2/28/13
Hi Volunteers!

We are kicking off another season of giving back to the community with a volunteer potluck in March and our monthly service project at the Delonis Center.  Please check out the details below and RSVP if you can attend.

We are also doing some 'spring cleaning,' so if you would like to be taken off our email list because you are no longer in the area or have other commitments that keep you from getting involved, please follow the directions at the end of this email to unsubscribe yourself.

Finally, if you've got some ideas for projects that teams of Yoga Serves volunteers can participate in, we'd love to hear about them!  Show up to the potluck on the 24th or email me to share your ideas with us.

Thanks!  We hope to see you soon!

Christy

Thursday, March 7, 5-7:30pm
Delonis Center Homeless Shelter
Yoga Serves has been volunteering at the Delonis Center every month for the past 4 years!  On the 1st Thursday of each month a group of Yoga Serves volunteers meet at the shelter to help with the preparation, serving and clean-up of the free dinners served every night by the Delonis Center.

Contact Anne Ramsey at anner...@comcast.net if you can help out in March.

Sunday, March 24, 5-7pm
Yoga Serves Spring Potluck

The Yoga Room, Ann Arbor (765 Archwood Dr.)

Bring a vegetarian dish to pass, and come ready to meet new people and sign up for a variety of community service projects throughout the coming months.  We serve the hungry, the homeless, the environment, the elderly and other good causes that need our help.

RSVP to Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com by Friday, March 22 if you can make it!

And be sure to check back often on the web site for new project that need your help! http://theyogaroomannarbor.com/yoga-serves.php

Christy DeBurton Yoga

Mar 18, 2013, 12:48:44 PM3/18/13
to Yoga Serves
Hi Volunteers,

Just wanted to send out a reminder for our delicious spring potluck this coming Sunday, March 24.  The details are below.  We'd love to see all of you who have been helping out with our Yoga Serves projects this past year, as well as those of you who are interested in getting involved.

Peace,

Christy

Sunday, March 24, 5-7pm
Yoga Serves Spring Potluck

The Yoga Room, Ann Arbor
(765 Archwood Dr. Entrance through side door.)

Bring a vegetarian dish to pass (and your own silverware/place setting), and come ready to meet new people and sign up for a variety of community service projects throughout the coming months.  We will be serving the hungry, the homeless, Mother Nature, and other good causes that need our help!

RSVP to Christy DeBurton at in...@christydeburton.com by Friday, March 22 if you can make it so we know how many to expect.