जीवः संसारे वा संसारे जीवः वा

Lokesh Sharma

Jun 22, 2023, 12:10:59 PM6/22/23
to yoga vasishtha
नमोनमो मोक्षोपायाय

नमो जीवदासाय जीवः यस्य दासः तस्मै।

मम एकः प्रश्नः।

जीवः संसारे न अपितु संसारः जीवे इति देवगुरुः बृहस्पतिः वदति मोक्षोपाये निर्वाणप्रकरणे १५० तमे सर्गे।

जीवे ऽन्तर् अस्ति संसारस् तिले तैलम् इवाबिलम् ।
न संसारान्तरे जीवस् स्वप्नादाव् इति दृश्यते ॥22॥

कटकत्वं सुवर्णे ऽस्ति कटकत्वे न हेमता ।
अविचारणयास्त्य् एतत् प्रेक्षया नेह विद्यते ॥23॥

संपूर्णो सर्गोऽत्र https://mk-reader.netlify.app/6/150

एतत् कथं संभवति इति अहं न अवगच्छामि। यदि जीवे संसारे तर्हि मयि अन्तः त्वं त्वयि अहं वा इति मम संशयः। सहाय्यं कुर्वन्तु।

Thimmaiah JN

Jun 22, 2023, 10:22:27 PM6/22/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
I would be thankful if you could send a translation for a better understanding, thanks
Om

Avinash Sathaye

Jun 24, 2023, 7:26:00 PM6/24/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
I would like to discuss this further, but I cannot locate the sarga in my book:

Published by Mulshiram Manohar publishers, edited by Panshikar (3rd edition 1981).

It does not mention mokshopAya but it does have the 6 prakaraNAs (with the last nirvANa split in 2 parts.
The sarga numbers don't match and the sarga 150 has no similar text. The first part ends in sarga 128 and the second part does not have anything similar in its sarga 122.

Please give me the exact location and I will write back.
With Best Regards,
Avinash Sathaye

Lokesh Sharma

Jun 24, 2023, 9:05:07 PM6/24/23
to yoga vasishtha
नमस्ते अविनाश-महोदयाय

एषः सर्गः योगवासिष्ठे न लभ्यते यतः प्रायः योगवासिष्ठः मोक्षोपायः इति ग्रन्थस्य रूपान्तरः अस्ति, तस्मिन् योगवासिष्ठे उत्तरार्धनिर्वाणप्रकरणे ३०-३५ सर्गाणां स्थाने लघुयोगवासिष्ठात् ७-८ सर्गाः सन्ति। मोक्षोपाये तथा नास्ति। तत्र ते नष्टाः सर्गाः उपलभ्यन्ते।

Avinash Sathaye

Jun 24, 2023, 10:32:06 PM6/24/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
Good!
If you have the files of the missing sargas as well as the sargas that they replace, I would like to see them.
In the meantime, I will try to answer your question, but if nearby sargas   have some definitions, then it would help the explanations.
With Best Regards,
Avinash Sathaye

Ram Khare

Jun 25, 2023, 10:52:44 AM6/25/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lokesh,

यदि जीव में संसार है तो मुझमें संसार है या आपमें? मैं आपमें हूँ या आप मुझमें? यह मेरा संशय है।

In my reading of YV/MU, this doubt can be understood as:

(1)  जीव में संसार है तो मुझमें संसार है, yes, but it is imagined only

(2)  मैं आपमें हूँ या आप मुझमें?, here मैं और आप are not different, alternatively, we are dream persons in each other's dream

(3)  Rishis have imagined or assumed the terms like जीव, जगत, ईस्वर, अविद्या etc. for the purpose of explaining and teaching those not yet प्राबुध

(4)  Every जीव (or consciousness “particle” has their own universe within them and different consciousness “particles” are not aware of and cannot be aware of other universes. There are interpenetrating universes not aware of each other. Example of two persons sleeping nearby and dreaming are not aware of each other's dreams.

(5)  Ultimate reality is that there is no जीव or संसार, only one consciousness exists.

I would like to hear others' thoughts.

Ram Khare

Thimmaiah JN

Jun 26, 2023, 3:07:33 AM6/26/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sirs,
Dream is true for the dreamer. Truth of dream is known only to one who is awake. And the so called Jagrata too is a dream.

Jeeva and Jagat are like a wave in the sea. Wave has a notion that it is independent of the sea, due to ignorance. Notional correction is necessary.

We are loaded with notions from birth until realisation that we are Consciousness.

Hari Om
JN Thimmaiah