A great paper related to Yoga Vasistha

Lokesh Sharma

Oct 17, 2021, 1:39:38 AM10/17/21
to yoga vasishtha
A great paper on Gaudapada and Vasistha by BL Atreya
Gaudapada and Vasistha.pdf

Jiva Das

Oct 17, 2021, 8:11:15 PM10/17/21
to yoga vasishtha
WOW!
As you know, I value the Samvid translation of Atreya's Vaasishtha.Darshana very highly.
Can you give me a link to the original. I need a copy in WORD for my files.

Thank you.

santoSaH paramo lAbhaH satsaGgaH paramA gatiH |
vicAraH paramaM jJAnaM zamo hi paramaM sukham ||

सन्तोषः परमो लाभः सत्सङ्गः परमा गतिः।
विचारः परमं ज्ञानं शमो हि परमं सुखम्॥
Contentment is the highest gain, Good Company the highest course,
Enquiry the highest wisdom, and Peace the highest enjoyment.
                             -- Yoga Vasishtha

The complete YVFiles of this masterpiece can be found at

On Sun, Oct 17, 2021 at 1:39 AM Lokesh Sharma <lokeshh...@gmail.com> wrote:
A great paper on Gaudapada and Vasistha by BL Atreya

Lokesh Sharma

Oct 18, 2021, 1:34:47 AM10/18/21
to yoga vasishtha
This is very old paper 1973 I think, so there's hardly any doc available. I got it from here https://archive.org/details/GaudapadaAndVasistha

Jiva Das

Nov 27, 2021, 8:57:03 PM11/27/21
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
This is a PDF file.
Is there some way to download it in OCR.
I know it makes a mess, but I can figure.out the text,
and I like to read this kind of scholarship in a form which I can copy easily,
or leave my own notes for future reading.
Is this possible?

xØx
 jd