Update: Jiva Das

Ashara

Jan 15, 2023, 8:29:47 PM1/15/23
to yoga vasishtha
Hi all,

I am sorry to update the group with news that Jiva Das died in August.

I am a recent friend of Jiva's who I discovered through his 'previous life' as Errol Pritchard, a poet. I had entered into an online correspondence with him as of January last year, and in one of his most recent messages he mentioned he was excited about beginning to start studying a new work. When he seemed to go offline, I happily imagined him working on this--however, a mutual friend had also not heard from him in months, and it transpires that Jiva passed away in August.

I have browsed some of the many messages in this group, and the volume and quality of the work produced, and I know that this is and was a valuable place for discussion and scholarship.

--Ashara

Vasishtha-fan

Jan 15, 2023, 9:22:10 PM1/15/23
to yoga vasishtha
Thank you for the update.
May he rest in Peace!
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti

Thimmaiah JN

Jan 16, 2023, 9:14:21 AM1/16/23
to yoga-va...@googlegroups.com
Great Soul. Feel indebted for the knowledge he shared 🌸🙏🌸

Lokesh Sharma

Jan 30, 2023, 8:54:44 AM1/30/23
to yoga vasishtha
नमोनमः

Very very disheartened to know Jiva Das Ji is no longer with us but also happy to know that He attained तुर्यातीतपदम् (turyātītapadam). He was one of my first गुरु (guru). I bow down to him million times.

नमोनमः जीवदासाय वारं वारम्।