Healing in Nature with Save the Redwoods League

Leslie Parra

May 4, 2021, 10:04:45 PM5/4/21
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com, midley...@gmail.com

Hello!

I hope this email finds you enjoying the blooms of Spring.  I’m reaching out to share an opportunity to enjoy this summer visiting redwood parks and share your experience through our Healing in Nature project with San Francisco State University’s Health and Equity Lab (Link) and (Biology-physiology) master student, Midley Michaud, who’s (cc’ed here).

Save the Redwoods League has partnered with the Health and Equity Research Lab because they too believe in the healing power of nature to address health disparities found in our Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) communities. Previous studies have shown that exposure to nature and green areas can alleviate stress arising from daily life stressors and improve mood. And with this study, we hope to gather supporting evidence to encourage our public health policies to include more access to nature.

We are currently in the process of engaging and recruiting members of the community who may be interested in participating in our Healing in Nature project this summer 2021 and we’d greatly appreciate your support by sharing this opportunity with your San Francisco Bay Area communities.

To make sharing easy, we created an informational flyer (that’s attached) with all the related information about the study, participation, and including two informational Zoom meetings on May 11 and 13, 2021, Tuesday and Thursday at 5:30 pm to present the study and take questions.

Please feel free to reach out if you have questions and may the forest be with you!

In community,

Leslie

Leslie Parra

Outreach Program Manager at Save the Redwoods League

lpa...@savetheredwoods.org

Healing in Nature_informational flyer.jpg