[JOB] CNPS is hiring for our Rare Plant, Vegetation, and Public Affairs teams!

Andre Clemente

May 9, 2022, 12:01:52 PM5/9/22
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

The California Native Plant Society is seeking a Publications Editor, a Rare Plant Scientific Coordinator, and a Vegetation Intern.

The Barbara Rice Vegetation Intern is a temporary part-time to full-time position that will work with CNPS vegetation and rare plant scientists to explore and understand California's native plants along the coast of Humboldt, Del Norte, and Mendocino counties. The internship, established in the memory of avid botanist Barbara Rice, will provide hands-on practical experience focusing on native vegetation and rare plants to an entry-level botanist interested in conservation, government, and/or consulting. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2022.

The Rare Plant Scientific Coordinator will be responsible for developing status review documents utilized to formally add, delete, or change plant information in the highly esteemed CNPS Rare Plant Inventory. The coordinator will also develop scientific rare plant accounts for an agreement with the U.S. Forest Service to identify potential Species of Conservation Concern. The deadline to apply is May 31, 2022.

The Publications Editor is an experienced editorial professional, modern storyteller, and advocate for California's native plants that will concept, develop, and edit CNPS publications content. The editor will ensure CNPS's publication adheres to the highest editorial, stylistic, and journalistic standards while helping more people appreciate the value, beauty, and significance of native plants. The deadline to apply is June 10, 2022.

You can view all our job openings here.

Thank you for spreading the word and supporting CNPS!

Andre

--

Andre Clemente (how to pronounce my name)
Accounting and HR Manager

He/Him/His

California Native Plant Society

2707 K Street, Suite 1
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 738-7606

http://CNPS.org

Love native plants? Join us this October for the largest conference in California devoted to them! We are currently accepting presentation submissions at conference.cnps.org/presentations through April 30.
For more information, visit conference.cnps.org