AI4ALL is hiring for University Partnerships Manager role (Oakland or NYC)

Roshni Kasad

Feb 8, 2021, 1:44:43 PM2/8/21
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com
Hi YNPN community,

AI4ALL's College Pathways initiative will be scaling to 8 universities this fall and dozens more over the next few years. I'm hiring for a University Partnerships Manager to support that growth! College Pathways is a fantastic team with expertise in higher ed, nonprofits, K-12 STEM education, research, and engineering. We are passionate about our mission and have a strong equity lens that we bring to our work. We look forward to bringing on someone with complementary skills to help elevate our work.  Applications should be submitted here.  Please share widely.

Best,
Roshni

University Partnerships Manager (Oakland or NYC)

About AI4ALL

AI4ALL is an Oakland, Calif.-based nonprofit that opens doors to the artificial intelligence industry for emerging talent through education and mentorship. We nurture a global community of students who learn AI fundamentals and who then apply those principles to solve society’s most pressing problems in deeply innovative and ethical ways. AI4ALL has empowered over 12,300 people globally with AI education. Eighty-one percent of alumni in AI4ALL Changemakers in AI are interested in a career in AI after completing the program, and many are already making significant impacts in the field, from educating their peers to winning “best paper” at top AI conferences. In 2020, AI4ALL Summer Programs ran at 14 top universities around North America. Over 4,000 high school teachers and students have used AI4ALL’s free AI curriculum through AI4ALL Open Learning. Additionally, AI4ALL College Pathways launched at two universities, increasing access to AI careers for college students not already on an AI pathway.

By telling a new story about who can be a leader in AI, we’re creating tomorrow’s AI leaders and changing technology’s future. AI4ALL has received funding from Melinda Gates/Pivotal Ventures, Jensen and Lori Huang, Google.org, Prudential Financial, Microsoft, EY, and The Micron Foundation, among others and has been featured in the New York Times, TIME, CNN, USA Today, and The Atlantic.

About College Pathways

In August 2020, AI4ALL launched College Pathways, an initiative designed to spark interest and increase persistence in AI-related careers for college students. The College Pathways initiative fosters the development of historically excluded voices at the college level that will lead and shape the future of AI, including Black, Latinx, Indigenous, Pacific Islander, and Southeast Asian students, trans, non-binary, and two-spirit students and cis women, low-income students, first-generation college students, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, and queer students.

College Pathways current program offerings include: 1) Discover AI, a hands-on intro to artificial intelligence and its applications to a variety of fields, ethical issues surrounding AI, and tech careers; and 2) Apply AI, where students work on a team with the support of industry mentors and engage with challenging AI projects to add to their professional portfolio.  Ultimately, these programs will prepare students to participate in an AI internship program and other career development activities.  All College Pathways programs are currently running virtually, but will eventually shift to an in-person model when it is safe to do so.

About the Position

The University Partnerships Manager has the opportunity to support the scaling of an innovative program that fosters a diverse cohort of college students to be future leaders in AI.  The Partnerships Manager will be responsible for managing relationships with College Pathways university partners.  College Pathways launched with 2 pilot university partners in 2020 and anticipates growing to dozens of universities by 2024.  The University Partnerships Manager will exert their superb relationship management and operations skills to set College Pathways university partners up for success and to support the College Pathways team in achieving its programmatic goals.

All staff are currently working from home and will continue to do so until at least the end of 2021.  Once our offices reopen, this full-time role would be expected to be based at either our Oakland or NYC office.  Once it is safe to have in-person convenings, this role will involve travel as well as occasional work on weekends and evenings.  The University Programs Manager will report to the Senior Director of College Pathways.

The University Partnerships Manager will:

  • Manage university partnership communications, including hosting partnership planning and debrief meetings.

  • Maintain and update partnership resources (e.g., outreach materials, timeline) and manage dissemination to partners.

  • Support universities in student outreach efforts for Discover AI.

  • Manage application and selection process for Discover AI, and develop scalable approaches for reviewing applications.

  • Guide partners in adhering to program timelines (e.g., outreach and application deadlines).

  • Support Senior Director with administering MOUs to university partners.

  • Support Senior Director of College Pathways in new partnership development and overall College Pathways scaling strategy.

  • Continuously develop and implement ways to streamline operations to lead to a smoother experience for university partners and the College Pathways team.

We’re excited to connect with candidates who have:

  • A desire to increase diversity and inclusion in technology.

  • Superb organizational skills and an extremely detail oriented approach to work.

  • A bachelor's degree.

  • Two+ years experience in partnership / relationship management related to education and/or youth development programs.

  • An understanding of university culture and motivations, as well as the opportunities and challenges associated with developing programs for college students.

  • Thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment.

  • Are equally successful working independently with minimum supervision as well as collaboratively.

  • Have experience working with students within the AI4ALL target student audience.