Executive Director: Richmond Main Street, Richmond, CA

Richmond Main Street Admin

Jul 9, 2021, 6:44:48 PM7/9/21
to ynpn...@googlegroups.com

Executive Director (Full-Time, Exempt)

Location: Richmond, CA

Responsible to: Board of Directors

Hours: 40/week (exempt). Weekday evenings and early morning events/meetings and travel required.

Compensation: $70,000 annual salary; benefits include 3 weeks vacation, sick leave, health insurance reimbursement, vision/dental/life coverage.

THE ORGANIZATION

Richmond Main Street Initiative (RMSI), is a community-based nonprofit organization dedicated to revitalizing historic Downtown Richmond, California as a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly urban village offering products, services, arts and entertainment that reflect our community's rich and diverse heritage. Since 2001, we’ve worked collaboratively with a broad group of stakeholders to implement our transformation strategy designed to ensure a clean and safe neighborhood, preserve businesses and foster entrepreneurship, and position Downtown Richmond as the center of the community and hub of economic and cultural activity. www.RichmondMainStreet.org

THE OPPORTUNITY

Lead the movement to bring back Richmond’s historic Downtown commercial corridor. The RMSI Board of Directors seeks a creative, passionate, and visionary Executive Director with a demonstrated track-record of successful collaborative leadership, fundraising, personnel management, and commercial district management plan implementation. The Executive Director will leverage the Main Street America Network and diverse stakeholders in order to build upon our successes, maintain our position as a trusted anchor institution, and navigate new opportunities.

RESPONSIBILITIES

  • Organization Mission & Strategy - Responsible for strategic planning within the Main Street Approach framework to ensure that RMSI can successfully fulfill its mission into the future.

  • Fund Development & Sustainability - Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization, requiring budgeting, revenue generation, and large-scale fundraising.

  • Board Governance - Works with the board in order to fulfill the organization mission.

  • Communications & Collaborative Stakeholder Engagement - Serves as lead liaison for the organization promoting RMSI’s mission and vision, and building capacity through partnerships.

  • Organizational Operations - Responsible for effective administration of operations.

QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE

  • 3-5 years senior nonprofit management experience

  • Track record of successful fundraising, grant writing, donor cultivation, and retention

  • Excellent written and oral communication skills

  • Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred)

LEARN MORE ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY & ROLE

THE APPLICATION PROCESS

Submit resume and cover letter to outr...@richmondmainstreet.org, with “Executive Director Position, Your Name” in subject line, by July 30, 2021. Preferred start date is September 1, 2021. No phone calls.

Richmond Main Street is an equal opportunity employer that strives to reflect the community it engages. We are committed to diversity and encourage talented, qualified, and local applicants from all backgrounds.