Net Impact is currently seeking an early career professional who is passionate about developing young leaders and the social impact field. With responsibility for core programmatic, events, marketing, and operations functions, you will ensure the execution of our program portfolio, annual conference, as well as efficient and effective ongoing operations.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who would like to join a high-performing team. The ideal candidates are highly motivated, organized, outstanding communicators, and team players who are driven by achievement. Hands-on individuals who can take projects from concept to implementation and who can channel quantitative and qualitative insights into unique ideas will excel in these positions. The roles are fast-paced and will prove challenging and demanding during high volume times, so the individuals must also be efficient, agile, and resourceful.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
The qualifications listed in this section apply to all openings unless otherwise specified:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong understanding of economics or political science preferred
- 0-1 years of related experience (could be concurrent with school)
- High standards for excellence, outstanding organizational skill, and keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment
- Strong time management skills
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
- Enthusiastic about the Up to Us mission of building a sustainable fiscal and economic future
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Have experience working in communities with diverse populations preferred
- Chapter leader, Up to Us Alumni or familiarity with Net Impact preferred
Responsibilities for the Senior Associate, Up to Us
- Refine and execute an innovative plan for keeping student program participants engaged and informed via email communication, weekly video calls, social media, and online tools. Experience engaging remote audiences is a plus.
- Develop and update learning materials and run webinar trainings that equip and inspire program participants to lead campaigns
- Support creating and leading live and virtual training sessions and events held each fall and spring
- Ensure participants understand program requirements and subsequently meet their deadlines and goals, while troubleshooting issues as they arise
- Write compelling weekly communications to current and potential participants to engage, energize, and educate them on program issues
Logistics Management (Applicable post-COVID when in-person travel is permitted again)
- Track program deliverables and communications on a daily basis to anticipate future challenges among program participants
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements for participants to attend the Annual Net Impact Conference and other programmatic events
- Assist with distribution of funds and prizes and expense tracking in budget documents
Please send the following application materials to car...@netimpact.org
. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Programs Associate, Up to Us”). Apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please send:
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the Senior Associate will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk and market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $54,000 to $56,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Up to Us
One of the largest and longest-running programs in Net Impact’s program portfolio, Up to Us is a nation-wide campus-based initiative that supports next-generation leaders to raise awareness around building a sustainable fiscal and economic future. Since the launch of Up to Us in 2012 in partnership with the Clinton Global Initiative University and the Peter G. Peterson Foundation, student teams have engaged more than 400,000 of their peers through innovative and engaging campus activities. Students receive funding, training, and hands-on support over the semester to design and implement their own nonpartisan awareness campaign about the United States’ long-term fiscal and economic sustainability. Over the course of eight years, Up to Us has engaged over 1,200 campus competition teams, signed over 131,000 pledges, and engaged over 400,000 people. Up to Us is administered by Net Impact, a 501c(3) nonprofit organization.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org
to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.