SFEF is Hiring! Associate, Communications & Events​​

San Francisco Education Fund

Jun 4, 2021, 10:45:01 PM6/4/21
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

**Associate, Communications & Events​​**

POSITION LOGISTICS
Employer: San Francisco Education Fund
Job Title: Associate, Communications & Events
Type: Full-time, exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA (currently remote; returning to in-person part time in August)

Start Date: Immediate

WHO WE ARE
The San Francisco Education Fund leverages the full power and breadth of our collective resources to invest in the success of SFUSD public school students; mobilizing the community through tutoring and mentoring, scholarships, teacher grants, and corporate school adoption.

We believe all students deserve an equitable and inclusive education experience and the opportunity to thrive, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, gender, sexual orientation, or other life circumstances.

We know “It Takes a Community” and we're looking for passionate changemakers dedicated to improving San Francisco public schools to join our team.

Additional information about the Ed Fund’s programs can be found at www.sfedfund.org

THE ROLE

We are looking for an innovative and thoughtful storyteller to join our Operations team. Someone who knows how to optimize the power of social media, newsletters, direct mailings and in-person and virtual events to amplify our brand within the San Francisco community, increase our donor base and build excitement and enthusiasm for our mission.

YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT

The Associate, Communications and Events is our storytelling visionary and must be as comfortable drafting compelling and clear text as they are setting the stage for highly impactful events. This position creates engaging content for individual donor appeals, e-blasts, social media posts, newsletters, our website, grant proposals and reports. Reporting to the Director of Talent and Operations, this position is integral to living into our brand and our ability to meet our fundraising and communication goals.

Communications: (60%)

  • Draft professional, inspiring communications, including donor appeals, volunteer recruitment collateral, website content, social media posts and monthly newsletter

  • Be the fresh and innovative voice behind our online platforms to the community, volunteers, and donors: Website/WordPress; Mass Email/MailChimp; Social Media/Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, NextDoor

  • Learn our programs deeply. Collect and distill stories of the Ed Fund’s impact for use in communications

  • Manage production of print and electronic appeals in-house or through external vendors

  • Assist with editorial review of printed and electronic internal and external materials to ensure accuracy

  • Project manage website refresh in partnership with Director of Talent & Operations

Events: (40%)

  • Manage the creative process of our event planning, in partnership with Ed Fund's professional event planner contractors, of events like the Gala which is our largest fundraising event of the year

  • This work may include managing invites, registrations/RSVPs, live & virtual event production, audio visual requirements - including speaker prep, rehearsals, tech checks, pre-recordings

  • Serve as point of contact with event vendors for contracts, day-of event and payments

  • Solicit in-kind gifts including prospect research, mailing and arranging pick-up of donations

  • Respond to inquiries and requests from board members and other VIPs

Contribute to the overall work of the SF Ed Fund as a strong team player who helps out where needed

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

  • BA +1 year or 3+ years equivalent work experience in Communications & Event Planning

  • At least one year experience developing website, newsletter and/or donor appeal content

  • Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and college access

  • Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse populations

  • Highly articulate, polished, and able to present to all levels of management.

  • Deep understanding of and experience working across social medial platforms

  • Excellent writing skills with the ability to captivate and persuade a variety of audiences

  • Thorough understanding of project management, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multitask to prioritize and deliver results; able to work effectively to meet deadlines and goals

  • Demonstrated ability to engage critical thinking and problem-solving skills

  • A driving force who works toward clarity and solutions

  • Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as a member of a small, high-performing team

  • Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Ed Fund’s mission

  • Experience in integrating technology for communications and events; virtual events a plus

COMPENSATION
The Associate, Communications & Events is a Full-Time, Exempt position.  The San Francisco Education Fund provides a competitive benefits package, including generous vacation, medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and other fringe benefits.

To Apply
AA/EOE. The San Francisco Education Fund is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.

No phone calls, please. Email cover letter and resume as one Word document or PDF file, to jo...@sfedfund.org, with the position title in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.