[JOB] Program Manager at Net Impact

Net Impact

Sep 10, 2021, 12:49:42 PM9/10/21
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

Net Impact is seeking a Program Manager who is deeply knowledgeable about the social impact field and can craft engaging, diverse, and stimulating events.

The Program Manager will lead content creation for Net Impact’s Regenerative Economy series, including online and in-person events. You will lead overall event design to create participant experiences that are highly interactive, youth-centered, and push Net Impact’s thought leadership in the social impact space. You will identify and work with speakers, facilitators, key participants, and others to ensure event goals are met. You will help ensure high-quality event production and work with internal and external sponsors and partners as needed. Given the constantly changing landscape of COVID-19, you’ll ensure that virtual and in-person event design is effective in this environment.

You’ll also create ways for Regenerative Economy participants to extend their engagement through wrap-around experiences, complementary content, and other resources. You will also have opportunities to curate content to support Net Impact’s programs and community, and design experiences that facilitate learning, connection, and action around various social and environmental impacts beyond the Regenerative Economy series.

This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who would like to join a high-performing team. The ideal candidate can connect the dots and synthesize diverse perspectives, is passionate and knowledgeable about the social impact space, has superior listening and communication skills, strong relationship management experience, and experience designing experiences.

At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately, we cannot provide visa sponsorship.

Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.

Key responsibilities:

  • Lead content creation for Net Impact’s Regenerative Economy series, online and in-person

    • Design events and participant experiences to be highly interactive, youth-centered, and push Net Impact’s thought leadership in the social impact space

    • Identify and work with speakers, facilitators, key participants, and others to ensure event goals are met

    • Ensure high-quality event production by supporting overall event delivery

    • Manage and prepare event speakers and leaders to deliver on event design

  • Create ways for Regenerative Economy (RE) participants to extend their engagement through wrap-around experiences, complementary content, and other resources

    • Within the framework of RE, identify and develop opportunities for participants to connect and take action to advance us towards a regenerative economy

    • Curate content that brings RE to life outside of events, for instance, through storytelling, a content/resource page, or other assets

  • Curate content to support NI’s programs and community beyond Regenerative Economy

  • Design experiences and curate content that facilitate learning, connection, and action around various social and environmental impact topics beyond RE to meet the diverse needs of our community

  • Work with key internal and external stakeholders to keep on top of trends and build related content

  • Advise colleagues and community members about how to design events and experiences to advance their goals

Overall Qualifications / Requirements:

  • Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience

  • Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world

  • Experience designing inclusive, innovative events/experiences where attendees gain knowledge, value, and connection

  • Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and listening skills

  • Ability to think creatively about new and unique ideas for experiences, ways to work with people, etc

  • Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic environment

  • Ability to connect the dots and synthesize diverse perspectives

  • Ability to set direction and make good decisions in situations with many possible solutions

  • Experience with designing events that center the user/attendee

  • Excellent relationship management, both internally and externally

  • Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms preferred

  • Experience with social impact events is highly preferred

  • Net Impact member preferred

To Apply:

Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Program Manager) in the subject line of your email.

  1. Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications

  2. Resume

  3. Salary expectations

Hours: Full-time

Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office is partially open, with restrictions, for those who wish to use it. Team members will not be required to go into the office until at least July 1, 2022, and we are open to people starting and continuing to work remotely. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk and organizational needs related to work location policies.

Compensation: The salary range for this position is $62,000 - $68,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.

About Net Impact

Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Net Impact’s events are premier inspirational gatherings for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 300 chapters in about 45 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.

Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy

Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and make an impact.

Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.