Net Impact is currently seeking a dynamic leader to join as its Director, Finance. The Director, Finance will be an integral leader of the organization, supporting the growth and long‐term development of Net Impact and its staff.
Reporting directly to the CEO and serving as a member of the organization’s Senior Leadership and Executive Teams, the Director, Finance will be responsible for leading all aspects of finance management of the organization, ensuring the org’s legal and regulatory compliance, and contributing to the org's strategy, goal-setting, and culture. The ideal candidate will have 10 to 15 years of experience in accounting/financial management and is adept at financial projections and data analysis. Experience in partner management, change management and general business operations is helpful for this role. This is an outstanding opportunity for a results-oriented leader with aspirations to master all aspects of finance (future CFO) to join a successful organization positioned for significant growth.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
● Own all finance and accounting operations including but not limited to leading the annual budgeting process, monthly and quarterly projection process, restricted grant management and reporting, expense tracking, cash management, actual to budget reporting and the annual audit
● Ensure internal compliance, execution and stewardship by overseeing a system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures and educating and assisting team with the stated policies
● Lead strategic financial analysis and planning and implement necessary improvements on policies, procedures and processes to ensure Net Impact’s overall financial management remains healthy with a high level of agility
● Lead the preparation of the outsourced annual tax document issuing (1099, 1042) and tax filings for the IRS (Form 990) and California (Form 199)
● Own all communications regarding financial results to key stakeholders such as Senior Leadership Team, staff, Board, and key external partners
● Partner with CEO, Executive Team and the Business Development function on key strategic initiatives to strengthen Net Impact’s financial position
● With the support of outside vendor, if needed, review legal agreements for the organization for strong business stewardship
● Oversee and manage external accounting, financial and legal vendors
● Serve as part of Net Impact’s Executive Leadership Team and contribute to the org's strategy, goal-setting, and culture
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about Net Impact’s mission and has a background executing finance activities at a similar sized or larger organization. Direct nonprofit accounting experience is preferred but not required. Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change and hold a positive and collaborative attitude. Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) are also a must.
● Degree in Accounting (or related field), CPA/MBA preferred
● 10-15 years of finance/accounting-related experience, ideally in a nonprofit organization but not required
● High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
● Proven analytic abilities, including quantitative analysis, proficiency with Excel
● Proven ability to share financial information effectively with a variety of audiences; implement strict confidentiality on sensitive information while providing the right level of transparency to enable effective business management
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Skilled at project management and change management
● Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for optimizing processes and understanding all aspects of finance management
● Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
● Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission
Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Director, Finance) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
3) Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the Director, Finance will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $110,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.