[JOB] Marketing & Creative Manager at HandsOn Bay Area

Kerri Grimaldi

Sep 10, 2021, 6:22:50 PM9/10/21
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area
HandsOn Bay Area is hiring!

Position Available: Marketing & Creative Manager

Position Type: Full-time

Position Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, HandsOn Bay Area is seeking a creative Marketing Manager to share our exciting story and grow our brand.

Position Responsibilities

  • Manage HandsOn Bay Area’s website edits and content while advancing the site’s usability and search engine optimization.

  • Produce high-quality photography for HandsOn Bay Area’s events and programs.

  • Create high-quality branded video projects that highlight HandsOn Bay Area events and programs.

  • Manage the entirety of HandsOn Bay Area’s social media content while utilizing best-practices and speaking from a consistent, branded voice.

  • Create and manage email communications to various HandsOn Bay Area audiences.

  • Collaborate with departments to create printed and digital content that highlights HandsOn Bay Area news and programs.

  • Support Development team with donor messaging and content.

  • Manage and improve upon HandsOn Bay Area’s Google Analytics and AdWords accounts.

Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff

  • Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission.

  • Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.

  • Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.

  • Act as leaders at HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary.

Volunteer Project Development

  • Coordinate and/or conduct site visits with nonprofit agencies to scope out which activities the volunteers will complete either virtually or in-person (examples: career readiness assistance or gardening).

  • Research, organize, and prepare plans to make the volunteer project a success.

  • Communicate professionally with corporate clients about the details of the events.

Day of Volunteer Project Management

  • Ensure that the project experience is productive, safe, and fun for the volunteers.

  • Welcome, direct, and instruct/manage large groups of volunteers.

  • Communicate clearly with volunteers to articulate goals of the project.

  • Troubleshoot any problems that might arise.

  • Coordinate project wrap-up/clean-up as the project is ending.

  • Ensure that the project goals are met.

  • Occasionally work in our warehouse to organize and package supplies for volunteer projects and assist with supply delivery/retrieval.

Requirements

  • A portfolio of work reflecting your photo, video, writing and design sense.

  • 1-3 years of experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere).

  • 1-3 years experience with graphic design.

  • 1-3 years experience with video creation and editing - a plus.

  • 1-3 years experience in creating engaging social media content.

  • Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords management - a plus.

  • Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Photos).

  • Excellent communication skills.

  • Ability to organize and plan virtual and in-person volunteer projects.

  • Comfortable speaking in front of and facilitating groups (from 10 to 100+), both virtually and in-person. Enthusiasm to take on leadership of large-scale projects (100+ volunteers) - a plus.

  • Great customer service skills; good interpersonal and communication skills, written & verbal.

  • Detail-oriented. Able to multi-task with flexibility to succeed in a fast-paced environment.

    For when we are able to return to in-person volunteer projects:

  • Valid CA driver’s license (or willingness to obtain a license) for travel to project sites throughout the Bay Area.

  • Ability to lift and carry event supplies and load them into our fleet.

Traits

  • A team player who can also work independently AND have fun!

  • Interested in nonprofit work and believes in the value of community service.

  • Organized, likes attention to detail, good time-management skills.

  • Professional demeanor in person, in virtual meetings, and in email communications.

  • Handy with basic project budgeting.

Important Dates

  • Application Due Date: September 24, 2021.

  • Phone Interviews: Ongoing throughSeptember 30, 2021.

  • Zoom & In-Person Interviews: Ongoing through Oct 1, 2021.

  • Start Date: Oct 15, 2021.

Compensation

 $55,000 to $60,000 yearly (based on experience). Includes a great benefits package: health/vision/dental insurance - premiums covered 100% for employees, 50% for spouse/registered domestic partner/children; 3 weeks of vacation; community service time off; sabbaticals; and 401k plan with up to 4% salary match.

HandsOn Bay Area is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do. Bring your true self. Uniqueness is powerful.

How to Apply

Email all required documents shown below to jo...@handsonbayarea.org by September 24, 2021.

  • Include the following in the email subject line: Marketing Manager - [insert your last name here].

  • Documents to include in application: All files should be submitted as PDF documents or HTML links when applicable

  1. Cover letter (PDF).

  2. Resume (PDF).

  3. A one-page (or shorter) writing sample created for a marketing campaign you have worked on. Please also describe your role in the vision, creation, and production of the campaign. (PDF)

  4. 1-2 examples of your graphic design work for print or social media (PDF).

  5. Link to a video project you have worked on (HTML Link).

HandsOn Bay Area’s Core Values and Mission

Mission

People Helping People ™

About Us

HandsOn Bay Area creates awesome volunteer projects to connect companies and people like you to schools, parks and nonprofits that need your help.

HandsOn Bay Area volunteering projects address critical community issues such as hunger and homelessness, the environment, youth development and more. Each year, we mobilize 27,000+ volunteers to help 250+ local schools, parks and nonprofits with over 69,000 hours of volunteer support.

Check out one of our videos for an example of our work.

Core Values

HandsOn Bay Area works to make positive change in our community while modeling an organizational culture that allows all team members to succeed. We strive to uphold the following values in all that we do.

  • High-Quality Programming

HandsOn Bay Area provides high-quality experiences that fuel further action. High quality is the lens for all of our partners - volunteers, agency partners and corporate partners. If we let someone down, we will work to make it up to them as quickly as possible.

  • Service Unites

HandsOn Bay Area believes that the challenges and issues that we as humans face in the world can be met and improved through the powerful human connections created by service. We are guided by Dr. King’s profound statement - “Everyone can be great because everyone can serve.” Service is the path by which we can all take part in the healing of our world.

  • Corporate Social Responsibility

HandsOn Bay Area believes that corporate partners can be positive contributors in the community. We seek to guide and direct the energy of our corporate partners to do good by creating high quality programming rooted in the real need of the community.