Alameda Health System Foundation (AHSF) is a nimble team of mission-driven storytellers, fundraisers, and professionals dedicated to advancing health equity in our community. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, we achieve this by cultivating support and funding for Alameda Health System (AHS), the safety-net health system providing patient- and family-centered care in Alameda County. Our mission of Investing in Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All reflects our commitment to amplify the work of AHS and raise funds for strategic priorities across its hospitals and rehabilitation and wellness centers.
About the Role:
AHSF seeks an experienced professional for a new Senior Manager of Marketing & Development Communications role, responsible for helping drive storytelling and donor engagement and supporting AHSF’s fundraising priorities. Reporting to the Vice President of Partnerships & Engagement, this position works closely with our Partnerships & Engagement and Annual Giving & Events functions to shape and execute our communications strategy, develop collateral, and write and design content for multiple channels. Join our team to increase our visibility within AHS and in the community and help achieve our ambitious fundraising goals.
- Partner with leadership to develop and execute a multi-channel communications strategy that inspires giving and attracts new and existing stakeholders to engage with our mission
- Develop collateral to engage donors and prospects that aligns with AHSF brand including presentations, flyers, fact sheets, impact reports, and other organizational assets
- Coordinate, create, and publish content for website, email marketing, and social media
- Create, maintain, and drive adoption of an organization-wide communications calendar
- Partner with AHS’s Public Affairs and Community Engagement (PACE) team to coordinate communications campaigns and ensure alignment with AHS branding and messaging
- Collaborate with Partnerships & Engagement team to develop boilerplate language and content library to support grant proposals, reports, and stewardship materials for institutional donors
- Collaborate with the Director of Annual Giving & Events to plan and execute direct mail appeals
- Assist frontline fundraisers in developing donor communications for major gift solicitations and stewardship
- Test and implement digital marketing tactics to increase engagement and reach new stakeholders
- Track key engagement metrics, analyzing data to assess and inform communications strategy and tactics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, communications, and/or development
- Excellent writer with ability to tell clear, concise, and compelling stories
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage input from multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress or similar content management system
- Demonstrated experience with Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform
- Demonstrated belief in AHSF’s mission and commitment to health equity
- Creative and strategic thinker, eager to leverage technology and test new approaches
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Healthcare experience, especially in public health, strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, or similar design software
- Experience working with external vendors and contractors
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar database software
- Graphic design skills a plus
The Senior Manager of Marketing & Development Communications position is a full-time, exempt role with a starting salary range of $95,000 - $115,000. Alameda Health System Foundation also provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; generous paid time off; and a 403(b) retirement plan with a 5% match.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an equity-centered organization, Alameda Health System Foundation seeks individuals with diverse skills and experiences to reflect and serve our community. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, foreign-born residents, bilingual individuals, and veterans to apply. Alameda Health System Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
How To Apply