Program Manager

Net Impact

Jan 20, 2022, 7:38:43 PMJan 20
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

Net Impact is looking for a Program Manager who will bring our mission to life by designing and delivering an engaging portfolio of programs. In an ever-evolving virtual world, you will lead cross-functional programming for our community of young, mission-oriented leaders. You’ll use strong project management skills to execute a variety of programs on topics such as impact investing, climate, and impact career paths. Your portfolio will include a variety of formats, from scaling peer learning communities to action-oriented impact projects, or to leadership development initiatives.
The common thread across the programs you organize will be your enthusiasm for delivering high-quality experiences by using the tools of project management such as managing schedules, coordinating internal teams, tracking budgets, and fostering external partnerships to develop impactful opportunities for our passionate audience.

The ideal candidate loves turning good ideas into great experiences by leading every step of the project management process. A passion for social impact and supporting a thriving community that is prepared to tackle critical social and environmental topics is a must.

Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for the position.

Key Responsibilities

  • Manage budgets, schedules, project teams, and external partners to enable programs to reach their goals
  • Collaborate with colleagues who are experts in marketing, systems, operations, and content to create high-quality, impactful programming
  • Use work plans, team meetings, and communication skills effectively to keep the team focused on efforts that drive high-quality and efficient results
  • Manage the big picture and detail-oriented execution of all aspects of programs, including operations, systems, data, evaluation, and marketing
  • Lead programs through the entire lifecycle of design, planning, execution, and evaluation
  • Develop ways to lower barriers for participation, improve the user experience, and better engage members, whether online or in-person

Qualifications

  • 3-5 years of experience managing projects, teams, strategic partnerships, or other relevant experience
  • Experience developing engaging opportunities for audiences to learn, connect, and/or act. This could be through content campaigns, engagement funnels, events, or other approaches
  • Organized multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment, with a proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights
  • Excellent communications and partnership skills, both internally and externally
  • Experience with setting direction and decision making within functional areas of responsibility
  • Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
  • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
  • Net Impact member experience preferred

You may be a good fit if you are:

  • Organized and Detail-Oriented: You bring a critical and detailed eye for project planning. Your colleagues know they can rely on you to approach your work systematically; you use tools to do your work in consistent ways so that you can be ready to build and scale where needed.
  • Tools and Systems Inclined: You enjoy learning about how systems, platforms, or tools can make your work more engaging and efficient. You’re comfortable leading a cross-disciplinary team and asking questions to assess how to use tech tools to support your programming.
  • Strategic Mindset: You develop programming that fits into a big-picture strategy. You bring a cross-functional perspective to leading projects and in situations with many possible solutions, you can set direction and make good decisions.
  • Efficient and Goal-Oriented: You set up your work to align with the most important outcomes. You consistently evaluate the effectiveness of your approaches and adapt to meet goals.

To Apply:
Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Program Manager) in the subject line of your email.
1.    Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
2.    Résumé
3.    Salary expectations

As required by federal law, you must currently be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for a position. We do not offer visa sponsorship.

Hours: Full-time, exempt

Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is partially opened for staff use upon request. When it is safe to resume regular operations, we prefer this role to be based in our Oakland, CA, USA office.

Compensation: The salary range for this position is $64,500 - $75,000, annually. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, and flexible vacation.

About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Net Impact’s events are premier inspirational gatherings for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 300 chapters in about 45 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.

Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages all individuals who are mission aligned to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and make an impact.
Net Impact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.