Gold Futures Challenge: AAPI Funding Opportunity

in...@asianamericanfutures.org

Jun 18, 2021, 1:40:04 PMJun 18
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area
Hello YNPN SFBA Community,

Asian American Futures recently launched the Gold Futures Challenge (GFC) in partnership with Gold House. GFC is an exciting new online grant competition that will provide critical resources to AAPI-serving organizations while increasing and democratizing philanthropy for the AAPI community. Through the GFC, the public can learn about AAPI causes and organizations and vote to award funding to projects that ensure AAPIs are Seen, Heard, Empowered and United.

The application opened on June 2nd and we want to ensure that AAPI serving organizations across the country are informed about this opportunity. We know that the needs within our community are vast, diverse and that we are not a monolith. Additionally, we understand how voices in our community, particularly East Asian voices, have been disproportionately centered, while NHPI, South Asian, and Southeast Asian communities have been overlooked. This is why we are committed to center (i) historically underrepresented communities; (ii) organizations, leaders or communities who are often overlooked by traditional forms of philanthropy, (iii) communities with less access to power and opportunity and/or (iv) causes that are harder to fund.

Please feel free to forward this to your networks and/or consider applying!

For more information, please attend one of our informational webinars:

June 23rd Webinar Shortlink: bit.ly/GFC2021Webinar1

July 7th Webinar Shortlink: bit.ly/GFC2021Webinar2

We also invite you to nominate an AAPI serving organization that you admire.

In community,

Helena Berbano

Director of Partnerships & Outreach

Asian American Futures