Net Impact is currently seeking a fast-moving, organized, and thoughtful professional to serve as its Finance and People Manager. The Finance and People Manager will partner with the Director, Finance and Associate Director, Talent and DE&I to execute multiple aspects of finance and talent management at Net Impact.
The Finance and People Manager will be key in ensuring efficient and effective ongoing finance and talent management for the organization. The ideal candidate will be a system-oriented thinker who is detail-oriented and enjoys working with numbers, preferably with 3 to 5 years of experience in financial projections, budget management and data analysis in any industry. This person is a team player who enjoys working with people, supporting the team’s development, and building a positive and strong team culture. They think strategically when they develop or improve on a process, and equally enjoy getting their hands dirty in execution. Experience in partner management, change management and/or general business operations is helpful for this role. This is an amazing opportunity for an exceptional young professional with aspirations to have a career in corporate finance, nonprofit or small business management to join a successful organization positioned for significant growth.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for the position.
● Support monthly financial projection process by leading key reconciliations on AP, AR and actual to budget variances, and creating monthly financial workbook
● Lead accounts payable and receivables management; work with accounting vendor to ensure timely and accurate payment processing through Bill.com and Intacct
● Work with staff on developing and managing program budgets and developing ongoing projections
● Support annual financial audit, tax document issuing and tax filing processes, including but not limited to data and record management and verification, W9 collection, and vendor management.
● Work with Director, Finance to develop staff’s financial acumen and deep understanding of Net Impact’s financial and accounting policies and procedures by providing regular trainings and consultation
● Conduct ad hoc financial analysis and projects as needed
● Foster a positive culture of enthusiasm and excellence across the entire organization by leading, managing and executing team and culture building efforts such as Magnifier teams, summer and holiday events, and random coffee chats
● Support key talent initiatives by facilitating team development processes, including but not limited to annual goal setting process, annual performance review process, giving/receiving feedback, and ongoing staff professional development
● Support Associate Director, Talent and DEI in hiring, onboarding and offboarding processes
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about efficiency and effectiveness, and has a background executing finance activities at a similar sized or larger organization. Direct nonprofit finance/accounting experience is preferred but not required. Candidates without nonprofit experience but have had exposure to financial projection or budget management through academics or volunteer positions in any industry are welcome to apply.
In addition, successful candidates should be able to demonstrate an ability to work efficiently and fast, be nimble in the face of change and hold a positive and collaborative attitude. Outstanding communication skills (written and verbal) are also a must.
● 3 to 5 years of experience in financial projections, budget management and/or data analysis in any industry (could be concurrent with school)
● High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
● Proven analytic abilities, including quantitative analysis, proficiency with Excel
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong servant leadership attitude and enjoys helping others
● Excellent project management skills with the ability to take a project from concept to completion
● Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and approach problems creatively
● Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
● Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and understanding all aspects of financial and talent management
● Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality on financial and talent information
● Enthusiastic commitment to Net Impact’s mission
● Experience in a nonprofit organization a plus
Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Finance and People Manager) in the subject line of your email.
1) Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
3) Salary expectations
Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our office will remain closed or partially opened for staff upon request until it is safe to resume regular operations, at which point, it is preferred that the Finance and People Manager will be able to be present in our Oakland, CA, USA office. Net Impact continually assesses COVID risk, market convention related to work locale policies.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $62,000 to $68,000 annually, depending on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.