SFEF is Hiring! Senior Coordinator of Tutoring Services

San Francisco Education Fund

Jun 4, 2021, 10:47:01 PMJun 4
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

**Senior Coordinator of Tutoring Services**

POSITION LOGISTICS

Employer: San Francisco Education Fund (SFEF)
Job Title: Senior Coordinator, Tutoring Services
Type: Full-time, exempt
Location: San Francisco, CA (currently remote; returning to in-person part time in August)

Start Date: July, 2021

WHO WE ARE
The San Francisco Education Fund leverages the full power and breadth of our collective resources to invest in the success of SFUSD public school students; mobilizing the community through tutoring and mentoring, scholarships, teacher grants, and corporate school adoption.

We believe all students deserve an equitable and inclusive education experience and the opportunity to thrive, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, gender, sexual orientation, or other life circumstances.

We know “It Takes a Community” and we're looking for passionate changemakers dedicated to improving San Francisco public schools to join our team.

Additional information about the Ed Fund’s programs can be found at www.sfedfund.org.

THE ROLE

Our vision is for San Francisco to become the first city to offer universal access to free tutoring. Why tutoring? It is a researched backed intervention approach that can catch students up to 2 grade levels in one year. This matters because a student who is reading proficient by 4th grade increases their chances of making it to college by 400%. And that could lead to $1M earning increase in their lifetime.

Currently the Ed Fund is partnering to provide 2,000 students virtual literacy tutoring by credentialed teachers. With students coming back to school in person this fall, we are anticipating needing to grow this support to serve at least 5,000 and possibly up to 20,000 students via high dosage tutoring. Reporting to the Partnerships Manager, the role would entail strong collaboration with tutoring service providers, SFUSD and families to connect services to students most at need and ensure equity of access to tutoring support.

YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT

We are seeking an innovative go-getter who thrives even amidst challenges and unknowns. Someone who will help create the structure and partnerships necessary to provide free tutoring to 5,000 low-income elementary aged students as a start, and possibly grow to supporting 20,000 students via tutoring across San Francisco. This is a new role that may evolve depending on the needs of the learners and we are looking for an entrepreneur who will design and evolve this program as we learn more about students and their needs coming back to school in person.

  • Co-develop and grow the SFEF’s tutoring partnerships, including having regular planning and management meetings with collaborators such as parent and district leaders to make high-level decisions regarding the tutoring programs (e.g., priority subject areas and grade levels, # of students to serve, philosophy for tutoring)

  • Act as the project coordinator for existing and new tutoring programs, collaborating with partner tutoring organizations such as BookNook to ensure that service delivery goals for the Program are met (e.g., level of student participation, # of students served)

  • As needed, coordinate fiscal sponsorship for tutoring partnerships, receiving philanthropic funds and disbursing them for expenditure in line with donor intent

  • Play a supporting role in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting private philanthropic funders to support tutoring partnerships in partnership with the Development team; provide any programmatic updates for reporting to foundations and for private funders

  • Play a supporting role in the family engagement effort for the tutoring partnerships, using SF Ed Fund channels to reach families for the purpose of recruiting them into the tutoring program

  • Collaborate on press and media announcements to promote tutoring partnerships

  • Collaborate on and support Bright Ideas Grants, given annually to selected teachers or school staff

  • Contribute to the overall work of the SF Ed Fund as a strong team player who helps out where needed

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

  • BA and 3+ years equivalent work in project management and partnerships management

  • Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and college access

  • Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience working with diverse populations

  • Excellent communication skills; able to build strong partnerships with multiple stakeholder audiences

  • Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, multitask to prioritize and deliver results

  • Able to work effectively to meet deadlines and goals and maintain regular communications with stakeholders

  • Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills; a driving force who works toward clarity and solutions

  • Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively as part of a small, high-performing team

  • Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to the Ed Fund’s mission

  • Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Salesforce a plus

  • Must pass criminal background check

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS

  • 1+ years as a tutor, educator, or volunteer in a K-8 school

  • Bi-lingual skills in English and Spanish and/or Cantonese

COMPENSATION
The Senior Coordinator, Tutoring Services is a Full-Time, exempt position. The San Francisco Education Fund provides a competitive benefits package, including generous vacation, medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and other fringe benefits.

To Apply
AA/EOE. The San Francisco Education Fund is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply.

No phone calls, please. Email cover letter and resume as one Word document or PDF file, to jo...@sfedfund.org with the position title in the subject line. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. This position will remain open until filled; complete applications will be reviewed as they are received.