[FREE resource] How has virtual work changed managerial behavior?

Sheela N. Mahajan

Sep 27, 2022, 3:41:58 PM9/27/22
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

Hi there YNPN!

I admit, I was thrilled when virtual work became the norm. No more commute? Time to tackle all those projects I put on the back burner? Sign me up!

But, for as many pros there are just as many cons. Feelings of isolation, lack of engagement, and trouble with work-life balance are just a few of the challenges of virtual work.

Many of the benefits and challenges of virtual work have been well documented, but there has been relatively little discussion on how virtual work has affected managerial behavior, specifically.

This is important to talk about because in addition to completing their own tasks, managers also need to ensure their team members achieve their goals, coordinate with others, and facilitate group dynamics.

In short, managers are coaches and facilitators- and both roles don’t necessarily translate well to the virtual work world.

So, how has virtual work affected managers and what does this mean for your nonprofit?

 Find out on today’s episode of the Nonprofit Science Podcast.

Click here to listen now!

Warmly,
Sheela N. Mahajan, MA, MPH
Founder
Nonprofit Science Institute

P.S. If you enjoyed this episode, let’s keep the conversation going! Join me inside of our FREE community, the Scholars Society. As a member, you’ll enjoy benefits such as a private Facebook community, quizzes and worksheets that help you commit what you’ve learned on the podcast to memory.

 The great thing about the Scholar’s Society is that as you engage with the content in your member portal, you’ll unlock exclusive invitations for things like one-on-one help, group coaching, Q+A sessions, and more. We call this the earn while you learn model. Join for FREE today!