Business Operations Associate

Net Impact

Jan 20, 2022, 7:38:48 PM1/20/22
to YNPN San Francisco Bay Area

Net Impact is looking of a Business Operations Associate who is excited to support a fast-paced nonprofit. Reporting to the Director, Systems & Operations, the Associate will become a key member of the operations team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, and a resourceful team player. Hands-on and detail-oriented individuals who have a proven ability to multitask and deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team will excel in this position.

Net Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and individuals of all socioeconomic backgrounds and national origins to apply for the position.

Key Responsibilities:

  • Improve and maintain Net Impact’s general operations (currently remote due to COVID-19) to ensure staff has the supplies, technology and resources needed to work effectively
  • Support organizational correspondence needs, including but not limited to reception, voicemail, mail oversight, and email inboxes.
  • Accounting and financial administrative tasks including, invoicing, payment requests, and check deposits
  • Track and replace office supplies including managing vendor relationships, to ensure the office has the supplies, technology, and resources needed
  • Coordinate and support org-wide safety trainings to ensure staff awareness of roles and responsibility and proper course of action in emergencies
  • Assist the Talent Team in recruitment, onboarding, retention, and onboarding processes
  • Planning and coordinating team wide in-person events and gatherings (when safe to do so)
  • Provide operations and administrative expertise for projects across the organization
  • Collaborate with team members on special projects. This is an excellent opportunity to learn more about Net Impact programs and activities, while developing new skills.

Overall Qualifications / Requirements:

  • 1 to 2 years of related work experience (could be concurrent with school)
  • Outstanding interpersonal skills and exceptional attention to detail
  • Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced, results-oriented, dynamic deadline-driven environment
  • Creative and adaptable problem-solver with high standards for excellence
  • Exceptional attention to detail
  • Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
  • Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and team culture development
  • Shows great personal discretion and ability to work with sensitive information while maintaining confidentiality
  • Strong service attitude and enjoys helping others
  • Highly organized and capable of creating easy-to-use organizational systems
  • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite

To Apply:
Please send the following application materials directly to car...@netimpact.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Business Operations Associate) in the subject line of your email.
1)   Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and Net Impact and your qualifications
2)   Résumé
3)   Salary expectations

As required by federal law, you must currently be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for a position. We do not offer visa sponsorship.

Hours: Full-time

Location: Currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our office is partially opened for staff use upon request. When it is safe to resume regular operations, the role will be based in our Oakland, CA, USA office.

Compensation: The starting salary range for this position is $58,500 - $63,000, annually. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, and flexible vacation.

About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Net Impact’s events are premier inspirational gatherings for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 300 chapters in about 45 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.

Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages all individuals who are mission aligned to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and make an impact.
Net Impact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.